What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #30,556 of 136,573
61fMBkp69hL._SS400_.jpg
Steely Dan ----"Two Against Nature"

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #30,557 of 136,573
Not as much of a J-music fan as I used to be, but I find Soutaiseriron's Synchroniciteen a very intriguing sound. I guess I like post-rock. Well (or at least better than most J-music recordings) recorded too. Decent dynamics, well separated, realistic and transparent. It wasn't physically serrating like some of my other albums after listening to the Stockfisch sampler.

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #30,562 of 136,573
"Stop Making Sense" Talking Heads Apple Lossless on my Macbook Pro using Authentic Sennheiser IE8's - I love listening to live recordings on these phones - when people talk about the soundstage these Senn's produce, they aren't kidding. Before this I was listening to Peter Gabriel's "Secret World Live." Just a lot of fun.....

To think that only six months ago, the best headphones I had were Apple earbuds.... I am no spring chicken, I worked in mobile audio for years and my car was the place I listened to high fidelity music - but as my cars' audio became more integrated with all the other electronics - it was harder and harder to hear decent sound - now with an iPod and nice pair of phones - I don't have to figure a place in my trunk for 1,000 watts. 

Can anyone answer why my iPod nano 2nd generation (the first aluminum nano) has sound levels that far surpass my iPhone 4S? I have taken off all the limits, but the nano's sound pressure is much higher and sounds much better... weird....

Cheers

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #30,566 of 136,573
Noisecontrollers - Unite (defqon 2011 anthem) ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back