What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 15, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #53,583 of 136,975

RAMPaul McCartney. (remastered 24kt gold disc by Steve Hoffman). My favourite album.  Listening w/HD650 & Vintage Kenwood KA-8006 Int. Amp., 1974, 75WPC.   LOUD !!!!!!  

- Excerpt from article on RAM album ….  "Elton John later said that it was the best harmonies he'd heard on an album in a long while …."

The 24/96 lossless is killer, my favorite McCartney solo album "Long Haired Lady" is one of those throw away songs until you get to the main riff about midway thru the song then it's like something special happens.

I know exactly what you mean & you're right.  And here's the reason why/McCartney's secret for lack of a better term : many of his songs are made up of two & sometimes three different songs he had kicking around.  For example if you listen to Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey, well it's exactly that two songs combined together hence two titles.  He did the same with Band on the run and countless other songs & it becomes magical.  "Long Haired Lady" is a great song the first part is just that, about "his" Long Haired Lady & the second part is about "Love is long" which is definitely a different song.  He adds harmonies which criss cross themselves, then trumpet, then other sounds all added in layers one, then the other & so on which is another technic of his.  BTW many Beatles songs were written the same way where Lennon had a bit of a song & McCartney had his bit & they combined them together ie. "We can work it out" Lennon's part & unfinished bit of song he had & adds is the "Life is very short & theres not time …"  You got it right "something special happens" & it's magical, mystical, pure genius. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #53,588 of 136,975

Jul 15, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #53,589 of 136,975

和楽器バンド (Wagakki Band) - ボカロ三昧 (Vocalo Zanmai)

The album is considerably better than the videos they have on YouTube. Not a bad purchase. The mix is a bit weird, but for a Japanese release the mastering is surprisingly decent. Despite featuring quite a bit of compression, the album isn't fatiguing to listen to on my 803 Diamonds and sounds MILES better than the aforementioned YouTube videos. Thumbs up.

Jul 15, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #53,591 of 136,975

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #53,593 of 136,975
Great share! Sounds good that remaster

RAMPaul McCartney. (remastered 24kt gold disc by Steve Hoffman). My favourite album.  Listening w/HD650 & Vintage Kenwood KA-8006 Int. Amp., 1974, 75WPC.   LOUD !!!!!!  

- Excerpt from article on RAM album ….  "Elton John later said that it was the best harmonies he'd heard on an album in a long while …."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back