What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 1, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #53,312 of 137,369

Boris - Noise
http://boris.bandcamp.com/album/noise

Boris may have just created their most accessible record to date. That does not mean it lacks ambition, for this album is one of the smoothest rock records out there, full of the exceptional musicianship Boris are known for. To put a genre to the album would be a disservice to the music and everything Boris are working toward. This certainly is a labor of love and a product of three brilliant minds working together as one entity with a shared vision and immense comprehension of the various facets of that which is music.

Love me some Boris
Haven't heard this one
Will check it out on the bandcamp

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #53,313 of 137,369
  Boris - Noise

Didn't even know they had a new album out. Listened to the first 3 tranks on the bandcamp page and bought it instantly. Just finished it. Sounds like a mix of old and new. In many ways, it's how I always wanted Boris to sound - dense, layered and textured. Wata could use more vocal duty though.

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #53,314 of 137,369

Boris - Noise

Didn't even know they had a new album out. Listened to the first 3 tranks on the bandcamp page and bought it instantly. Just finished it. Sounds like a mix of old and new. In many ways, it's how I always wanted Boris to sound - dense, layered and textured. Wata could use more vocal duty though.

Always.

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #53,315 of 137,369
Am I too late to comment on the album? I've made my way to through the album a few minutes ago, and I must make out a few words:

This album really is different from their previous work. It has elements that made Boris who they are today, but it feels a tad more eclectic. There's a really strong, spiritual quality that I feel is really prevalent in this almost "new" sound they are attempting. It is a mixture of doom, sludge with psychedelic alternative melodies incorporated throughout. If I can describe how this album is in Boris' discography.. it has allowed them to reach the Heavens and beyond. I usually never determine a favorite album after one listen, but I can't say no to this one. It deserves that much and more. If I had to pick a favorite song, and if I have to, it would be 'Angel'.. this track is the most solid piece I've ever heard from the trio. If there is one Boris album I'd recommend, this is now it!

Cheers!

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #53,316 of 137,369

Gives me the chills..
redface.gif

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #53,318 of 137,369
Seether-Isolate-and-Medicate.jpg

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #53,321 of 137,369
  Am I too late to comment on the album? I've made my way to through the album a few minutes ago, and I must make out a few words:

This album really is different from their previous work. It has elements that made Boris who they are today, but it feels a tad more eclectic. There's a really strong, spiritual quality that I feel is really prevalent in this almost "new" sound they are attempting. It is a mixture of doom, sludge with psychedelic alternative melodies incorporated throughout. If I can describe how this album is in Boris' discography.. it has allowed them to reach the Heavens and beyond. I usually never determine a favorite album after one listen, but I can't say no to this one. It deserves that much and more. If I had to pick a favorite song, and if I have to, it would be 'Angel'.. this track is the most solid piece I've ever heard from the trio. If there is one Boris album I'd recommend, this is now it!

Cheers!

Big fan, too. I read on another thread the dynamic range was really poor. Did compression/loudness bother you one way or the other?

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #53,322 of 137,369
Hello fellow trance listener! How do you like that song? I haven't bought it because it's so ridiculously long.

BT is one of my favorites, so no complaints! You should definitely use YouTube to see if you'd like it though.

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #53,323 of 137,369

Jul 1, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #53,324 of 137,369
  Big fan, too. I read on another thread the dynamic range was really poor. Did compression/loudness bother you one way or the other?

It became prevalent only on a few tracks. i take it as an engineering approach suggested by the group themselves. Boris records most of their music in analogue and in a live "setting" with all of them being in one room with microphones properly set up. I don't mind compression when it's done in an artistic manner. One of my favorite groups, Trivium; their records sound, as TJ Elite once put, "atrocious". As an enthusiast for quality in music, one may flinch at their sound. Although after learning that they personally enjoy that sound and try and re-create such sonic qualities, it kind of opens a whole new window to their world of music. I personally enjoy this the most. Its perhaps one of the reasons why I love Sennheiser's almost infamous headphone, the HD 800, for it's revealing characteristics; allowing me to hear the music as the artist intended.
smile.gif

EDIT:

Now listening to some good old Ifukube symphonies from the Godzilla suites. I'm currently listening to the Symphonic Fantasia No. 2, which is one of my favorites.. or hell, they all are my favorites!! :)

Couldn't find the live video for the 3rd Symphonic Fantasia. While the first two live videos show Masaru Satoh conducting, I don't believe that is concert that was taped for the the below Symphonic Concert. Here is the album though:

I recommend it wholeheartedly for anyone wanting to explore the rich and power conveyed through this orchestra's performance and the pieces composed by maestro Ifukube. This one can be a hard find, but it does pop up on eBay once in awhile.

Cheers!

Jul 2, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #53,325 of 137,369

Never been around so many Boris fans

I listened to the stream from band camp
I thought the compression was from the stream
Will download the flac and give it a good listen

I like the pink and heavy rocks sound better
But they don't make the same record twice (even heavy rocks)

Good stuff anyway I like wata's vocals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back