May 22, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #136,816 of 137,746
Pearl Jam! Los Angeles!
1000029396.jpg

May 22, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #136,817 of 137,746

May 22, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #136,821 of 137,746
Tom Petty - Highway Companion
IMG_4070.jpeg

May 22, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #136,822 of 137,746
Dunno how you guys keep track of your albums but I'm slowly losing track of what's buried in my collection ... I haven't counted anything in a good while and the usual means don't really work in that jungle of folders, subfolders, etc ... oh well.
Anyhoo ... still got the player and PC (foobar) on global shuffle mode most of the time with lots of surprise moments but then at some point I feel the need to revisit some old favorites from back in the day, enjoying them from the first to the last moment more than ever before ... like this one.

Frank-Zappa-One-Size-Fits-All-Vinyl-Record-Shop-Music-Zone-Cork-Ireland.jpg

+ some lush Brazilian acoustic vibes for dessert

joyce-1-3045746347.jpg

May 22, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #136,825 of 137,746
Dunno how you guys keep track of your albums but I'm slowly losing track of what's buried in my collection ... I haven't counted anything in a good while and the usual means don't really work in that jungle of folders, subfolders, etc ... oh well.
Anyhoo ... still got the player and PC (foobar) on global shuffle mode most of the time with lots of surprise moments but then at some point I feel the need to revisit some old favorites from back in the day, enjoying them from the first to the last moment more than ever before ... like this one.

joyce-1-3045746347.jpg
I catalog all of my LP's, CD's, singles, and music DVD's in the Discogs database. Big job if you've got a lot, but it doesn't cost anything and you just have to do it once and then remember to add new additions as you get them. But you get a complete handle on your collection....

May 22, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #136,826 of 137,746
I catalog all of my LP's, CD's, singles, and music DVD's in the Discogs database. Big job if you've got a lot, but it doesn't cost anything and you just have to do it once and then remember to add new additions as you get them. But you get a complete handle on your collection....
I use Roon for this on the Mac. Then, every so often, I manually backup the music rips/purchases to an off-line SSD.

May 22, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #136,828 of 137,746

joyce-1-3045746347.jpg

I do the same as @LarsMan. I use discogs. They have an app now for iOS and Android. So whenever I'm out looking at music, I consult the app first. Saved me from buying the same album a few times over. Except the Beatles White Album. You can never have too many of those 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back