What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 29, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #54,721 of 137,067
^ was looking for a new to me album tonight, so checking  out Sing To The Moon via beatsmusic

already listened to ASA twice today :)

I find myself listening to same albums over and over

thanks for sharing

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #54,723 of 137,067
  How's the sound quality?  Every Dylan bootleg I've ever heard sounded pretty terrible.

It varies quite a bit from track to track. The bootleg covers 3 decades! It includes a crazy swath: Live cuts, alternate takes, songs that were left off albums, demos for his band.

My understanding is that the original 1-3 bootleg came out in '91 and was remastered in 97. I'm not going to comment on the difference between the two.

Given you comment about Dylan Bootlegs, you'd probably be disappointed. Dylan IMO isn't typically known for audiophile quality recording. But I differentiate "audiophile recordings" with music that is so compelling that it demands listening regardless of the recording quality. If I only listened to music that sounded great-I'd throw out half of my music library
regular_smile .gif
 I like good sounding music, but I'm not really an audiophile as I value songwriting over sound quality.

Dylan is widely considered the most bootlegged artist other that The Grateful Dead. This initial bootleg series is what people waited for years to hear. If you want to hear Darkside of the Moon, Aja or remastered Beatles quality sound-this might not be it. If you like Dylan's music-I think this is a must.

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #54,724 of 137,067
  @ magiccabbage

I'm diggin' the title alone..."Sing To The Moon." 
wink.gif

Gonna look for samples later.

there are some really nice tracks on there including a great cover of Stevie wonders "Something out of the blue". The background vocals and harmonies are really beautiful, 

Enjoy - this track is lovely

very impressed with the album overall. 

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #54,726 of 137,067
Aug 30, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #54,731 of 137,067

Cikada String Quartet - In due tempi

Kalevi Aho - Minea; Double Bass Concerto; Symphony no. 15

Behemoth - The Satanist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back