What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #42,916 of 136,945
Quote:
I have the first six but am not familiar with 7, 8, or 9. MOG here I come
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Doug MacLeod will blow your mind if you have the slightest interest in blues. This album was released this year. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #42,917 of 136,945
Quote:

7. Anne Akiko Meyers: Air the Bach Album (the story is that she spend a cool million on the violin. Well, it was worth it. First time I listened it a little tear in my eye)

When I finally return to the listening room in a couple of months, she'll be in the short rotation 
size]
 for dialing-in the rig.

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #42,921 of 136,945

New York Dolls - New York Dolls (1973)

Jun 15, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #42,923 of 136,945

In Flames - Moonshield
The Jester Race (1996)

The epitome of melodic death metal.

The new Boards of Canada album

"Tomorrow's Harvest"

Kind of "Campfire Headphase"- dark & somewhat foreboding

Definaty worth the wait...

I'm still awaiting my 2xLP + shirt that I pre-ordered a while ago, but have been enjoying the digital version a lot!

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #42,927 of 136,945
I've had this album since release, but I must admit I've never heard it properly. I feel today is a good day to finally change that. There was simply so much fuss surrounding the release of this album that I wanted to let it sit on my table while all the excitement that could practically be felt in the air slowly died down. Now I feel I can give it the kind of first audition it deserves.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!

Edit
Now listening to this. Boris rocks.

Boris - Akuma no Uta

Edit 2
Finally ripped this a few days ago. Time to give it its first spin.

椎名林檎 (Sheena Ringo) - 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花 (Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana)

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #42,929 of 136,945
Cream - Wheels of Fire

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #42,930 of 136,945
Poncho Sanchez-Latin soul-saw him in 1999 at the Hollywood Bowl....my first exposure to Latin Jazz.

And....streaming a new all female band that looked interesting on the Allmusic guide website: Heliotrope. Allumusic says, Heliotropes’ debut album, A Constant Sea, is out next week via Manimal Vinyl, and we’re pretty stoked. The stoner rock vibe is heavy, the spaced out jams are really sweet, the droning guitars and fuzzed solos are quite nice, and the quartet play with plenty of power, but also a considerable amount of finesse By Tim Sendra

heliotropes_poplist__large.jpg

It you like stoner rock and doom, these ladies are totally worth checking out. I dig their sound....stoner/doom indie rock is what I'm going to call it.....I'm going to call them more rock than metal......anyway, very cool stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back