What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 26, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #42,392 of 136,846
Quote:
How did you get it in ALAC format? iTunes doesn't sell lossless files as far as I know...

Oh, hahaha...I messed up there.
   I actually bought two copies, one was from iTunes, and the other was a CD download. I bought the MP3s beofre the CD, thus the iTunes thing.
I ripped the CDs into FLAC, and created an ALAC copy after that.
   Sorry for the big messup.

May 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #42,394 of 136,846
May 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #42,395 of 136,846

'Nuff said.

May 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #42,396 of 136,846

May 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #42,402 of 136,846
NORRIS TURNEY QUARTET: 
Big Sweet N' Blue
Norris Turney, alto sax 
Larry Willis, piano 
Walter Booker, bass 
Jimmy Cobb, drums

NORRIS TURNEY QUARTET: 
Big Sweet N' Blue
Norris Turney, alto sax 
Larry Willis, piano 
Walter Booker, bass 
Jimmy Cobb, drums

TRACK LISTING:
BLUES FOR EDWARD (N.Turney) - Listen To Full Song
HERE'S THAT RAINY DAY (J.Van Heusen & J.Burke) Listen To Sample
BLUES IN B (N.Turney, L.Willis, W.Booker, J.Cobb)
CHECKERED HAT (N. Turney)
I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING BUT LOVE (D.Fields, J.McHugh)
STREETS OF DREAMS (V.Young & S.Lewis)
IN A MELLOW TONE (E.K.Ellington)
BLOOD COUNT (W.Strayhorn)
I'VE NEVER BEEN IN LOVE BEFORE (F.Loesser)
COME SUNDAY (E.K.Ellington) Listen To Sample

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size=2.6rem] Duke Ellington: Highlights Of His Twilight

[size=inherit] [size=1rem] [size=1rem] by [size=inherit][size=inherit]DAVID BRENT JOHNSONhttp://wbni.drupal.publicbroadcasting.net/node/2250[/size][/size]
[/size]
[/size]

[size=1rem] [size=inherit] [size=inherit]May 23, 2013[/size][size=inherit] 4:02 PM[/size][/size] [/size]
[size=1rem] [size=inherit] [size=inherit]from[/size][size=1rem]WFIU[/size][/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[size=inherit] [size=inherit]
size]
[size=1.6rem]
i
[/size]
[size=inherit]  [/size]
[size=1rem][size=inherit]Central Press[/size]/[size=inherit]Getty Images[/size][/size]
[/size]

[size=1.6rem] When [size=inherit]Duke Ellington[/size] received the news that [size=inherit]Billy Strayhorn[/size], his songwriting and arranging partner of 28 years, had died, Ellington reportedly cried and told a friend, "No, I'm not all right! Nothing is going to be all right now."[/size]

[size=1.6rem] The cancer-stricken Strayhorn passed away on May 31, 1967, and Ellington himself would follow seven years later, dying on May 24, 1974, at the age of 75. But the Duke did not go gently into the good night of his own mortality; he toured incessantly in the last years of his life and produced late-period masterpieces such as [size=inherit]The New Orleans Suite[/size] and [size=inherit]The Afro-Eurasian Eclipse[/size]. "Who's 70?" he said to a reporter who kept bringing up his age. "That's an awful weight to put on an up-and-coming man like me."[/size]

[size=1.6rem] As his son Mercer Ellington later noted, Duke Ellington took Strayhorn's passing as an impetus, born of necessity, to increase his own productivity as a writer. His discography from 1967 to 1973 contains numerous points of interest, such as [size=inherit]The River[/size] (written for an Alvin Ailey ballet), a duet date with bassist Ray Brown ([size=inherit]This One's for Blanton[/size]) and a stellar piano-trio concert ([size=inherit]Live at the Whitney[/size]). Here are five more glowing snapshots from the Ellingtonian twilight.[/size]

[/size]

[size=inherit] [size=inherit] [size=inherit]

[size=2.2rem] Duke Ellington: Highlights Of His Twilight[/size]

[size=inherit] - Further readings from NPR , along with recording samples HERE :[/size]
[size=inherit]  [size=inherit]http://www.npr.org/blogs/ablogsupreme/2013/05/23/186303823/duke-ellington-highlights-of-his-twilight?ft=3&f=126134671&sc=nl&cc=jn-20130526[/size][/size]
[/size]
[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

May 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #42,403 of 136,846

Users who are viewing this thread

Back