May 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #42,347 of 136,938
[size=small]Verse[/size][size=small] [/size]

[size=small]Patricia Barber[/size]
[size=small] (Blue Note Records) (2002)[/size]

May 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #42,350 of 136,938
May 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #42,352 of 136,938
May 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #42,354 of 136,938
Quote:

I'm just glad to see people get in touch with their darker musical sides. It sounds like a pretty sensible way to go about it, I'm  much less structured myselt.
It's that old Wikipedia phenomenon, I start at say Dub, and via-via-via I end up at Afro-beat, Tech-House and Grime simultaneously. Chaos ensues.

I'm sort of semi-organized when it comes to exploring new music because if I tried browsing through ten genres at a time I feel I would probably never get anywhere; concentrating on one or two genres at a time makes it much easier to process everything. When I listen to music though I seldom stick to one genre even for two albums in a row. Modern classical followed by some black metal sounds like a good combo to me, and some deep house followed by modal jazz from the early 60s would probably top it off nicely. Perhaps a bit of abstract hip hop and blue-eyed soul too if I'm still left craving more. 
size]

Quote:
I always find Metal a treat and have always been a big Metal fan since I was in grade school.  I attend local concerts and festivals all the time.  I do have to say and agree with TJ Elite that the cream of the crop is sometimes difficult to seek out, and hence why my collection of Metal is still a tad small as well compared to a few other friends of mine.  I had a late night listening session with Death last night and Burzum before that.  I never heard Burzum before, so it was definitely interesting.  Death on the other hand; even though Sound of Perseverance was their final album, I still find it to be their best.

I have three Death albums, but The Sound of Perseverance is the one I still don't have because I've yet to see it in any of my local stores. It's been a while since I've listened to Death so you've inspired my first album choice for this evening.

May 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #42,355 of 136,938

May 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #42,356 of 136,938
Quote:
I'm sort of semi-organized when it comes to exploring new music because if I tried browsing through ten genres at a time I feel I would probably never get anywhere; concentrating on one or two genres at a time makes it much easier to process everything. When I listen to music though I seldom stick to one genre even for two albums in a row. Modern classical followed by some black metal sounds like a good combo to me, and some deep house followed by modal jazz from the early 60s would probably top it off nicely. Perhaps a bit of abstract hip hop and blue-eyed soul too if I'm still left craving more. 
size]

I have three Death albums, but The Sound of Perseverance is the one I still don't have because I've yet to see it in any of my local stores. It's been a while since I've listened to Death so you've inspired my first album choice for this evening.

TJ Elite, I owe you like the biggest high-five ever for helping me explore my musical taste and discovering new genres of music.  My library has never been so diverse until now.
beerchug.gif

On the note of Death, I own only two albums.  I hope you can find it one day, as it is truly a remarkable album!

May 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #42,358 of 136,938

Electronic good stuff !

May 24, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #42,360 of 136,938

Users who are viewing this thread

Back