What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 19, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #23,431 of 137,741

Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #23,433 of 137,741

Quote:
ok, I'm going to try King Crimson, unbelievable I listened to so many prog. but never heard them, pfff (shame on me probably)

Yeah they are one of the original progressive rock bands, and they influenced many other bands that came later. The original drummer for Yes, Bill Bruford, left the band right before Yes hit it big to join them they were so influential in their day. Besides Discipline, Court of the Crimson King is a stellar studio album as well. Anyways check the link, you may be surprised at their reach, which includes ELP, Genesis, Nirvana, and Porcupine Tree among many others. I would be very surprised if it's not love at first listen for you!

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #23,438 of 137,741

Quote:

Quote:
ok, I'm going to try King Crimson, unbelievable I listened to so many prog. but never heard them, pfff (shame on me probably)

Yeah they are one of the original progressive rock bands, and they influenced many other bands that came later. The original drummer for Yes, Bill Bruford, left the band right before Yes hit it big to join them they were so influential in their day. Besides Discipline, Court of the Crimson King is a stellar studio album as well. Anyways check the link, you may be surprised at their reach, which includes ELP, Genesis, Nirvana, and Porcupine Tree among many others. I would be very surprised if it's not love at first listen for you!

Crimson is amazing .. but if you are a true ProgLover then the best place to start with KC is the Bruford/Wetton years. Starless & Bible Black, Red, and Larks Tongues in Aspic are the progiest albums (all KC albums are prog, but if you like Yes, Genesis, Rush, Tull, ELP, Gentle Giant etc. then these are the albums that will likely grab you the most)

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #23,439 of 137,741
The Last Emperor
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Music by
Ryuichi Sakamoto, David Byrne, and Cong Su
[Vinyl]

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #23,440 of 137,741
"Trans Fatty Acid"  - Love the effect on sound of the crowd at the end of the track - almost as if the crowd melts into the silence.
beyersmile.png

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #23,441 of 137,741
A celtic spectacular - cincinnati pops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back