What are the WORST headphones for the money?
Aug 4, 2005 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 149

Headphoneus Supremus
Everyone here is usually asking for the BEST their money can buy.

Just out of curiousity...

...Which headphones in your opinion are the worst for the money (new and used market) ?
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 4, 2005 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 149
That I have personally heard and bought?

Triports - hands down.

Aug 4, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 149
I used to own the V600 for a period of time and they are truely bad for their retailed price. I bought it as refurblished item for around 50 bucks, then quickly returned them and get my money back. The triport is terribly over priced for 150 dollars. The KSC-35 sounds even better for 1/5 the of the triport.

Aug 4, 2005 at 8:10 AM Post #4 of 149
Thinking about the headphone I've owned... Sony MDR-V300, no doubt. Also for their cheap price, there are way better cans around.

Andrea

Aug 4, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #5 of 149
IMO? Triports & the Ultrasone Edition 7 (They sound good, but not $3k good..)

Aug 4, 2005 at 9:21 AM Post #10 of 149
Aug 4, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #11 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
I'll stay away from the stuff that would offend many
evil_smiley.gif

Therefore, I heartily nominate the Aiwa hp-x222 for this ignoble title. Costs 30 bucks. Sounds like a train wreck (I'm being generous). For that money you could buy the very good sounding PortaPros instead. The performance difference there is beyond vast.

I wish I knew that back in 2001(also wish I knew about HeadFi back in 2001, d'oh!). I don't have mine anymore, I gave them away to a friend that is content with their subpar performance. At least he doesn't listen to Bose (I hope
blink.gif
) Other headphones that are a terrible value for the money would definitely be the QuietComfort I & II, Triports, and perhaps any overhyped gaming headset(make a kit for regular headphones that adds on a highly sensitive/directional shotgun mic, and that would shut me up, at least for a little bit). Oh, and Skullcandy Crushers, and I don't know if this counts, but the Oakley Thump package can be two things: worst DAP and worst headphones for the money.

IMO, of course.
580smile.gif
Abe

Aug 4, 2005 at 12:01 PM Post #14 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach
Sennheiser Orpheus. I don't care HOW good it sounds it's not $14,000 good. It's not THAT much better than a pair of K1000s or HD650s.

The original question was:"What are the WORST headphones for the money? "
I guess you didn't have the opportunity to listen through the Orpheus system yet.The last word coming to my mind when I think about the Orpheus is "WORST".

To me the worst headphones for the money are those that don't get any use, lying around in the drawer.

Aug 4, 2005 at 12:08 PM Post #15 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach
Sennheiser Orpheus. I don't care HOW good it sounds it's not $14,000 good. It's not THAT much better than a pair of K1000s or HD650s.

Eventhough I haven't listen to Orpheus, but I've listen to baby orpheus and HD650. HD650 is not even in the same league of baby Orpheus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back