What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701?
Aug 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #16 of 19
The best amp for the Q701 is the E5. You really don't need any more power than what the E5 offers. It's like 2.4 Gigawatts or something.
If it had more than one headphone output you could probably drive 10 Q701s.

What would be interesting to know is if there are any amps that make the Q701 sound horrible. I've experienced only one.

The Lyr. It just doesn't have the power to drive the Q701 properly. It's only good for Porta Pros and HD-700s.

Do you have any idea how much power the Lyr puts out? This is either a typo or the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on Head-Fi....

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
Quote:
The best amp for the Q701 is the E5. You really don't need any more power than what the E5 offers. It's like 2.4 Gigawatts or something.
If it had more than one headphone output you could probably drive 10 Q701s.

What would be interesting to know is if there are any amps that make the Q701 sound horrible. I've experienced only one.

The Lyr. It just doesn't have the power to drive the Q701 properly. It's only good for Porta Pros and HD-700s.

Do you have any idea how much power the Lyr puts out? This is either a typo or the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on Head-Fi....

I think he was kidding.

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

From what i've read it has the same power output as the Fiio E1.
It's also really too bad that the batteries in the Lyr are not user replaceable.
Also, there is no carrying case included. Not a very good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back