What are the differences between these amps?
Jul 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RAZRr1275

500+ Head-Fier
Little Dot mkiii, Little Dot i+, Bellari HA540. I'm looking to know the differences as far as sound quality. Even if you've only listened to one of these i'd like to hear your impressions on the sound. I'm open to tube rolling. Source will be FLAC or 320 kbps mp3 through foobar with an Odac. Phones are AKG K702, Denon D2000, and Grado SR80i

Thanks for the help guys

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Little Dot mkiii, Little Dot i+, Bellari HA540. I'm looking to know the differences as far as sound quality. Even if you've only listened to one of these i'd like to hear your impressions on the sound. I'm open to tube rolling. Source will be FLAC or 320 kbps mp3 through foobar with an Odac. Phones are AKG K702, Denon D2000, and Grado SR80i

Thanks for the help guys

Hi there!!!! 

Sorry no one answered you :/  I'll try to help! 

I don't have any experience at all with the Bellari, but I've owned the MKIII and I+. You're headphone arrangement sits on two sides. The K702 will go very well with the MKIII and the D2000 and SR80i will go very well with the I+. 

This may sound kind of strange, but you'll notice the Grados and Denons are sensitive, meaning you don't have to crank the volume to get them loud. On the other hand the AKGs you need to give some juice to get them going. 

I should say go with the I+, but those AKGs will sound pretty sweet with the power of the MKIII. I would say pick a favorite between the AKGs and Denons and buy your amp based on that. 

How are you currently driving the AKGs? Do you have any future purchase options in mind (in terms of headphones)?

Jul 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 5
currently powering them with a fiio e7/e9. I am planning on getting a set of fostex t50rps soon. I actually heard the opposite that the i+ was better for the k702s since the solid state component gets more current to them which is necessary due to the low impedence. Thanks for the help

Jul 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
currently powering them with a fiio e7/e9. I am planning on getting a set of fostex t50rps soon. I actually heard the opposite that the i+ was better for the k702s since the solid state component gets more current to them which is necessary due to the low impedence. Thanks for the help

Ah! Sorry, I confused you. The MKIII I felt had more power than the I+, however with gain kicked up on the I+ it will probably work just fine. Both should be fine for the T50rp as well. I think the I+ is a great starting point for an amp. It's small but still sounds wonderful. It was my first amp too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back