what are the current top of the line bluetooth headphones (2021)?
Jul 29, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 9
I have a pair of Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless on my head right now. They’re not universally lauded but they’re my personal favorite for closed back wireless headphones, non-noise cancelling.

As for open backs, the HiFiMAN Deva wireless have a good following — I also can personally vouch for them, they’re my favorite over ear open-back headphones (and they’re planar) although they are cheating a bit by having the Bluetooth functionality as a balanced dongle that hangs off the left ear cup where Deva’s balanced 3.5mm jack lives.

I’ve not heard the higher-end HiFiMAN cans, the Ananda BT but it’s a “proper” wireless set with the electronics seamlessly integrated into the set itself, and is well regarded for a wireless audiophile headphone solution.

A very enjoyable on-ear wireless open Bluetooth headphone is the Grado GW100, they’re quite full sounding and very open.

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 9
You've also got the option of strapping a bluetooth setup onto a favoured set of cans.

It can create a minor weight imbalance, and it's not the prettiest looking setup, but if it's just for wirefree in the home...

There's also future BT tech not being far away, with all its benefits (less lossy compression, better battery life, lower latency). LC3Plus might be your friend there.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 9
Another vote for Hifiman Deva if you don't mind open backs. I love mine!

Jul 29, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #6 of 9
Sennheiser Momentum 3. Drop the bass 2 notches, and the mids up 1 notch, in its app, and you have a stellar performer. It is a little more v-shaped then the ones mentioned but a worthy break from routine IMO.

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #8 of 9
Wouldnt the Hifiman Ananda-BT be about the best fully Bluetooth model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back