What amp do you currently use?
Apr 26, 2004 at 7:06 AM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
However, I disagree with your statement about the MG-Head's (OTL) build quality, and reliability. Mine is built like a tank, and I've had no reliability problems whatsoever. Maybe I was just lucky?

BTW, dd3mon how do you like that Signal Cable Magic Power Cord, because I'm thinking about getting one myself?

I too have a problem-free MG Head with no cosmetic defects. However, a simple search (recently re-enabled!) will show that many haven't been nearly as lucky as we have been, especially in the early days with the MG Head DT.

I do like the Signal Cables Magic cord, on the MG Head it did yield a noticeable change. The biggest difference was in the bass, which became tighter and gained impact at the same time. I haven't compared it to any other PCs though. I would love to try some mid to high-end Virtual Dynamics PCs, but I'm afraid I'd like them too much. My wallet would be very mad at me
wink.gif

-dd3mon

Apr 26, 2004 at 7:31 AM Post #32 of 49
Another Earmax user here,and very happy with them.

Also in process of making an adapor to use a set of Quad II's with the Sennehisers for a bit of a change/comaprison,and maybe a little more power.

Apr 26, 2004 at 7:54 AM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
Grace Design Model 901 here... later on it will be either upgraded or supplemented by other amps that are more suited to the cans I have.

Upgrade? What are you upgrading in the Grace 901?

-Ed

Apr 26, 2004 at 8:24 AM Post #35 of 49
JMT PPA Special Edition. Simply sounds insane when paired with Etymotic ER-4Bs.

Apr 26, 2004 at 8:50 AM Post #36 of 49
Singlepower SDS

Apr 26, 2004 at 9:18 AM Post #37 of 49
Since the poll is for USE and not own I voted for the Stealth, electrostatic amp, other tube and solid state. Some are for reviews, one is a loaner, the other two I own.

Apr 26, 2004 at 11:45 AM Post #38 of 49
Since my amps are either under construction or in transit, I am technically ampless at the moment. However, I've dragged out an old receiver and am also relying fairly heavily on my computer audio rig (with a JMT Meta42). I'm also spending time at other people's houses and listening to their amps (e.g. TrevorNetwork's Stax Omega IIs).

D.

Apr 26, 2004 at 12:30 PM Post #39 of 49
At the moment Grado's RA-1 for my Alessandro MS-pros. Might get something like the new gsp solo for driving different phones as an alternative (like maybe a HD 650 some day...)

Apr 26, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #42 of 49
Sugden Headmaser for home use.

Headsave META42 Transit for portable
and/or Headroom Airhead "Original"

I also have a CMOY board that I intend building up when I get around to picking up some decent capacitors for it. My local electronics store don't seem to know what capacitors are !
eek.gif
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back