EnOYiN

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got a car with these speakers:

300W x2 Midrange
250W x2 Midrange
100W x2 Tweeters

and a woofer:

600W x1

Now, I will need an amp for these speakers and the sub woofer. Also I would like to know whether I will need another battery for these things or whether this is recommended.

I've got a bugdet off about €500,- (~ $650)

Thanks in advance.

Sep 6, 2007 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 4
if you have a crossover for those mids and tweets you might be able to get by with a 2 channel or maybe 4 channel amp for them, and then a 2 channel or mono amp for the sub. Personally with your price range I'm not sure you're going to find anything too good. My sub amp was more than your budget for all your amps so not sure what to tell you there.

I've been impressed with JL Audio amps, old Kicker amps are still the best I think. Rockford makes some decent amps for power, but they aren't very good with SQ

You probably don't need a second battery, but I'd at least get a cap to help level out your electrical system. It'll help your car just as much, if not more than your stereo. I run a 1farad cap to my sub amp with 4awg cable all around. (Kicker ZR360)

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rockford makes some decent amps for power, but they aren't very good with SQ

You probably don't need a second battery, but I'd at least get a cap to help level out your electrical system. It'll help your car just as much, if not more than your stereo. I run a 1farad cap to my sub amp with 4awg cable all around. (Kicker ZR360)

Back when Fosgate was hand crafted they were the best. Now they're just lack-luster mass-produced crap.

A cap is a temporary solution. They lose strength just like batteries. I'd suggest a Stinger or Optima battery to replace your main battery. Forget caps.

Future upgrades that would help: large gauge power wire, a high-output alternator, and a Jacobs Accuvolt voltage regulator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back