What about Sennheiser HD595 ?
Jan 11, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #31 of 34
I do use a dedicated CDP, but haven't really spend much time with my HD595's as I listen to my K701's 90% of the time.

I don't really care if the HD595's sound muddy as they are just my night time can while I watch shows in bed because they are super comfy when I lay there.

Jan 12, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #32 of 34
I think the bass i just right with my iriver i turn up the bass a little with the EQ and then it's punchy and nice. The 595 is such a good headphone so if the music you play and the source you use is't that good then they don't sound good.

I tried them with a iPod 4g and the sound was flat, bright and boring koss portapro was much better here, I tried them with my acer n311 same thing there.

But when i plug them into my iriver they are fantastic and you can get much bass, Same thing when i put them in a nice stereo. they have good soundstadge, airy and detaild sound. They are easy to drive, i tried some amps through the line out of my iriver and the actual soundquality wasn't much improved. i also spend some time trying the famous 650 and 701 when i was at the store and i went happily from there with my 595. (good for my wallet!!)

Jan 12, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #33 of 34
well I have not heard the aria - but the porta corda did not even slightly impress me with the hd595 back when I used the chaintech av710. On the other hand emu 1616 had no mud in the bass whatsoever, and taking a wild guess that it is because of the DAC chip, you can get same results with emu 0404...

Yes, dacs do matter :wink:.

Jan 12, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #34 of 34
I have to EQ the bass up a tad in the ~100hz range to get that "punch" I like in my music... otherwise, they are what people say they are... neutral. They sound good though, but not right out of the box. I just got my DAC and I'm enjoying that
biggrin.gif
. I haven't gotten my amp yet, but it should be here tomorrow or in the next few days at least, and I'll tell you how that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back