What 300.00 amp would you buy for the Note II
Mar 31, 2013 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

caableguy

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have a Fiio E5, E6 and my the D Zero. My sources are my Note II, Clip Zip RB'd .

I've read through the Note 2 thread, but it is really hard to pick just on what works with it. Opinions on what others have used and found to be an improvement means more to me. I'm looking at replacing the D-Zero. The new Amp/DAC will driving the following...

12 year old HD580's, 20 year old MDRV6, HF3, and stock Triple Fi's. I would like a nearly direct replacement, as far as functions. USB DAC, and Amp. Something that will work with my Note II as the D Zero does. I would like to keep it under $300. I would like to find an OTG cable to power the amp from my Note II with 90 degree plugs. My current one is so stiff that it is tweaking the jack on my phone.

So basically I have a 300.00 budget to upgrade my portable system. So if there are any other ideas to improve on this setup, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks, Jeff :)

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 5
So from some of what I've been reading, the UHA-6S.MKII 209 version would be the likely upgrade from the D-Zero without side grading? Thoughts? My music preferences are Classical, Classic Rock, New Age, Jazz, and Blues. Looking to upgrade the HD580's, and the TF10's= new cables.:D

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 5
So, I've read several of the Note and other android forums. I was hoping for some personal opinions regarding some amps for this  setup... Anybody have any preferences?

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #5 of 5
I use HRT Headstreamer together with my Note2. The DAC came with to cables (micro USB -> female USB and male USB - > mini USB) which is quite bulky. I replaced the two cables with one LOD (5 cm) from Forza Audioworks which makes the setup so much smoother. I have JH 13pro as headphones.
I think this is really good setup for mobile use and will probably buy the microstreamer in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back