Westone W60 Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #1,382 of 1,957
Any recommendation for a decent balanced cable for the W60 (I have the ES60) with recessed mmcx connector used in Westones. I want to spend in the $150 range. I really don't feel like spending $200 for cable like the Silver Dragon or the ultra thing Westone cable. Thx. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #1,383 of 1,957
  Any recommendation for a decent balanced cable for the W60 (I have the ES60) with recessed mmcx connector used in Westones. I want to spend in the $150 range. I really don't feel like spending $200 for cable like the Silver Dragon or the ultra thing Westone cable. Thx. 

Dude, is the ES60 considerably warmer than the W60? If it is, that may be the thing that I want (an IEM that is similar to the older Westone flagship custom, ES5). Your advice would be very very very helpful. Thanks man in advance for your thoughts. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #1,384 of 1,957

Dude, is the ES60 considerably warmer than the W60? If it is, that may be the thing that I want (an IEM that is similar to the older Westone flagship custom, ES5). Your advice would be very very very helpful. Thanks man in advance for your thoughts. 

Many people expect ES60 to be Custom version of W60. These two are rather different when it comes to sound sig and tonality. W60 is warmer by a margin.

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #1,386 of 1,957
Yes I've used the same source in store. And same songs.

and here is the picture of faceplate. And it writes under the faceplate w60 and write w60 on faceplate so I'm sure faceplates are for this product.

I've left it for burn in. Hope it helps on soundstage.

you compared them with other models? for example, the um pro50.

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,387 of 1,957
I got some warranty replacement W60 today.

I think they have been sat on a shelf for a while, as they have the old faceplates and loose and slightly wobbly cable connectors, but I swapped the cable with the one from my UM Pro 50 and the connection is nice and solid now, and I've ordered a new cable for the UM Pro 50.

I really like the UM Pro 50, and I'll keep them as a backup, but the W60 is something else.

I've raved about how good the W60 sound before, but having them back has been like a revelation all over again. They sound even better than I remember.

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #1,388 of 1,957
  I got some warranty replacement W60 today.

I think they have been sat on a shelf for a while, as they have the old faceplates and loose and slightly wobbly cable connectors, but I swapped the cable with the one from my UM Pro 50 and the connection is nice and solid now, and I've ordered a new cable for the UM Pro 50.

I really like the UM Pro 50, and I'll keep them as a backup, but the W60 is something else.

I've raved about how good the W60 sound before, but having them back has been like a revelation all over again. They sound even better than I remember.

Lately, I have been using W60 with BaX cable, and really like how they pair up.  Linum cable mmxc connectors are excellent, and cable build quality is top notch as well.

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #1,389 of 1,957
[COLOR=111111]you compared them with other models? for example, the um pro50.[/COLOR]

No they just had W series at the time.

As you can see the 3.5 mm connector starts to tear off by only working about 3 weeks and I've won't wear them for work yet. And faceplate has cracked completely. This build quality can't be coincidence I'm sure westone had a lot of research and development to find this material on 21st century because they are really cra*.

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #1,392 of 1,957
[COLOR=111111]I now seriously think about buying this model, your post does not give a positive reputation with this model![/COLOR]

Sorry gosod. I didn't mean they are bad. They sound really nice. I like the sound but build quality is a shame. Not at this price for example i had a lot of 100 $ IEMs but build quality was really better than this one. But if you are considering to use them everyday on the go you must have easy access to guarantee because they are fragile. They really tried to get best possible sound of it and they have succeeded in a lot of ways.

Jul 30, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #1,393 of 1,957
Sorry gosod. I didn't mean they are bad. They sound really nice. I like the sound but build quality is a shame. Not at this price for example i had a lot of 100 $ IEMs but build quality was really better than this one. But if you are considering to use them everyday on the go you must have easy access to guarantee because they are fragile. They really tried to get best possible sound of it and they have succeeded in a lot of ways.

the sound of them is beautiful but I prefer to wait until they release more in the best case!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #1,394 of 1,957
Covering up the gap left by the faceplates with Suguru would probably solve the cracking issues for good and is also removable if Westone ever releases "good" faceplates.

https://www.amazon.com/Sugru-Moldable-Glue-Classic-Multi-Color/dp/B008URBC9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469938498&sr=8-1&keywords=sugru

Aug 2, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #1,395 of 1,957
  Covering up the gap left by the faceplates with Suguru would probably solve the cracking issues for good and is also removable if Westone ever releases "good" faceplates.

https://www.amazon.com/Sugru-Moldable-Glue-Classic-Multi-Color/dp/B008URBC9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469938498&sr=8-1&keywords=sugru

you acquired it? could you make the pictures how it looks actually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back