Westone W30 help
Sep 20, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #2 of 5
Repairing a BA driver isn't exactly the most viable thing to do. If you contact Westone support they might be able to help you though.

Nov 14, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 5
Westone doesn’t want to do anything but sell me a new pair. I don’t understand why they asked me to send in my W30s. The Employe knew they were out of warranty.

So he can see if maybe all it needs is resoldering the contacts, which would take a repair tech less than half an hour and some companies do that for free, even when out of warranty.

If the driver module itself has failed you can't just repair a BA driver given all the tiny parts; even if it was a dynamic driver they'd just replace the whole driver, unlike regular large speakers where you can disassemble the thing and replace the suspension parts or the cone (same way that if your 20yo Focal or Dynaudio speakers fail the drivers can be repaired, but if your 20yo HD600 fails, you just buy a new driver capsule and slot it into the earcup). That's time and labor intensive though so what some companies do is replace the entire driver assembly if not the whole earpiece, but given that's expensive, they practically only do that for units still under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back