Westone UMX3 re-cabling
Jul 24, 2011 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

globiboulga

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I've been using these phones for more than a year now and of late a small cracking noise associated with loss of sound from the left side has started to appear: tell tell sign of cable wear and of likely connection issue. After careful examination, it turns out that the cable is starting to give way at the joint between the cable and the small, harder, cable casing immediatly under the left hear shell.

While I glued the whole lot together to get some additional rigidity and avoid further movement that could worsen the situation, this is only a small stop gap measure as it is very likely to the whole cable will eventually break to the point where the phones won't be usable anymore.

Does anyone knows of a good, reputable seller capable of re-cabling the UMX3? Looking for something of equal quality as the stock cable - material and sound and at a reasonable price. Happy to pay a bit more for value though.Would have expectations of around $100, shipping to Australia included.

Any recommendation welcomed!!! 

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #3 of 5

you mean something like this? It's pretty easy if you have done some diy in the past. I finished mine few months ago, my old cable was pretty worn off so I swapped it with the new one. They have been working great so far, no damage to the sound as far as I can hear.

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 5
Yep, I forgot to put on some ear guide so the microphonic is quite audible if I move around too much. I would forget about jogging with it but walking at slow pace will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back