Westone UM1 vs Ety er-6i vs Super.fi 3
Oct 1, 2005 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

v4i5r6

New Head-Fier
I've already owned and used the 6i for about 3 weeks or so, and I've noticed it's now has a better bass and sounds now.
I got this new for AUS$140 shipped.

I've noticed that earphonesolutions offers 20% discount for its range of earphones untill 2/10.
I'm thingking of getting Westone UM1 or Super.fi 3 which will fall to AUS$130-$140, shipped with free adapter and triple-flange, which I won't probably used.

To cut the story short, I feel like to spend AUS$150 and buy the westone and want to feel how other brand sounds and feels like. Is the westone, super.fi and ety has its own unique sound compared to each other?

But I can get shure e3c for AUS$190 shipped, from somewhere else. Should I buy this instead OR Should I just keep my money and up my choice to e4c/er4p for the near future..I hope
tongue.gif
?

Thanks
Vai

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 5
A wise man will keep his money for a ER4, but not many are very wise here.
icon10.gif
Buy! Buy! Buy! Your wallet will love you for that!

I think each manufacturer will sound different.

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 5
If you already got the 6i, why not save the money for an upgrade later down the line. Then you can consider the UM2 vs Super.fi 5pro vs ER-4P vs E4C etc....

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
A wise man will keep his money for a ER4, but not many are very wise here.
icon10.gif
Buy! Buy! Buy! Your wallet will love you for that!

I think each manufacturer will sound different.

Hahaha..
I'm leaning towards the UM1. I've read several other threads comparing um1 to the old shure e1 and shure e3.
And one thread said UM1 has bigger bass, I don't know if its tight also, then 6i, but lacks the details of the ety.

And UM1 is also using the behind-ear cabling unlike ety, and it's come with foamies by default, IIRC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonwatch
If you already got the 6i, why not save the money for an upgrade later down the line. Then you can consider the UM2 vs Super.fi 5pro vs ER-4P vs E4C etc....

Need the urge to try something else ASAP as I'm new to IEM. That's my reason.
icon10.gif

But yeah, I'll get one of those IEMs, in the near future..far...far away.

Oct 1, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 5
Honestly, just save your money to move up to UM2's or ER4S unless you really need another headphone right now. Don't be tempted to buy just because of a good deal, otherwise, you'll just have a whole bunch of middle-of-the-road headphones instead of a few really good ones.

I'm guilty of buying because of a good deal too...but in retrospect, it made no sense. I could have spent more money on better sources, headphones and amps instead instead of being distracted by a whole bunch of low end headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back