Westone product recall
Nov 26, 2012 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

White Lotus

Reviewer for Stereo.net.au
I'm truly sorry if this has been covered already on the forums, but I really can't find any information on it here at the moment.

http://www.westone.com/hhc/index.php/about/oto-ease-voluntary-recall

Westone Laboratories is voluntarily recalling all sizes and packaging configurations of Oto-Ease® ear lubricant. (shipped after September 1, 2011)

The products have been found through a consumer complaint and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) sample analysis to be potentially contaminated with pathogenic bacteria and mold. Use of the product as directed for easing the insertion of custom fit earpieces could result in infectious complications of the ear canal and surrounding tissues.

No injuries or illnesses have been reported to date. This recall should be carried out to the consumer level.

Immediately examine your inventory and quarantine product subject to recall. In addition, if you may have further distributed this product, please identify your customers and notify them at once of this product recall. 

Consumers who have any size or packaging configuration should stop using the product and contact their healthcare provider. Packaging configurations include the following: 

1) 0.5 oz semi transparent flexible plastic bottles with orange or semi transparent plastic screw-on dispensing caps; and 

2) aluminum foil single use sample packs with red or black print writing.

The Oto-Ease unit containers are not identified with a lot number, expiration date, or UPC Code.

If you have any of these products, please destroy or return them. Consumers with questions may contact Westone Laboratories at 1-800-357-3240 between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm MST or email at otoeaserecall@westone.com

This recall is being made with the knowledge of the Food and Drug Administration.

... That sucks.

Does anyone know of a similar product that I could use for the same purpose of "Oto ease"?

(I'm in Melbourne, Australia, if that helps)

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #4 of 6
I bought my ES5 this year and they bundled a bottle of oil called Nurturell. Later, the distributor call me again and said there is such a recall program and asked me go to the shop to get the replacement. And when I went to the shop, they gave me another bottle of Nurturell, so I have 2 bottles of such oil now, never need to use it tho 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Saliva works best.

That's what she said. 

Quote:
Auragel works well - available from audiologists.

Thankyou - Will look into it. 

Quote:
I bought my ES5 this year and they bundled a bottle of oil called Nurturell. Later, the distributor call me again and said there is such a recall program and asked me go to the shop to get the replacement. And when I went to the shop, they gave me another bottle of Nurturell, so I have 2 bottles of such oil now, never need to use it tho 
bigsmile_face.gif

Product recall - Just to give you the same product again? Awesome. I might just ask my pharmacy what they think is best.. 

But what am I asking for exactly? "Ear lubricant"? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back