Westone ES5 in UK
Jul 10, 2012 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jacky1028041

New Head-Fier
Hi there

I am interested in getting the ES5.  However I live in the UK and there is a huge difference in the price of ES5 in UK retail stores and from the westone website. The price on the Westone website for ES5 is $950, which comes to about £620. However the price of the ES5 in UK retail store is £1000 (which is about $1600).  - it is almost 65% extra!

Just want to ask if there is any ways I can get it cheaper. (and i don't want to fly all the way to the USA to get it, since it will cost even more!)

Regards

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 6
Westone won't sell direct AFAIK, which is why I haven't seen many UK ES5 owners. Best not get too enamoured with them and look elsewhere unless you want to be robbed. The problem is even with some elaborate scheme to get around their policy, if you need refits etc...

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 6
I'd start by looking at Average_Joe's custom reviews thread, to use as a starting point and working from there to see what's available. I can never keep up with all the different customs that are being released.

Jul 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 6
After looking at the reviews for the whole day, I think the JH11pro is quite a good option to go for. It has been suggested that it is a bit better than the EU11pro. But im not sure how it is compare to the ES5...

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #6 of 6
I would look at your budget and look at companies who you can order from without going through a third-party who will bump the price up (as they have to make a profit). Obviously in the UK you have ACS - the T1's are well-reviewed on here, as well as a bunch of others. The exception would probably be AmpCity selling UM (Unique Melody)'s customs since their flagship Miracle (well-reviewed on here) is under £700 which is near to the price of the ES5's if you could get them direct and had to pay import duty on them (not that you can).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back