Westone 4 vs Westone 3 vs Westone um3x rc?
Jun 17, 2013 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Landon Watson

New Head-Fier
 Right now on amazon these iems are all about 320 usd. Im looking to get some, and I was thinking Westone 4, but I have heard that they are bass lightish and very neutral (possibly boring). I listen to music with prominent bass, but I also listen to classical and other bass light music. I enjoy clarity and detail, but for the same price would it be right to go for the westone 4s?

thanks

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
 Right now on amazon these iems are all about 320 usd. Im looking to get some, and I was thinking Westone 4, but I have heard that they are bass lightish and very neutral (possibly boring). I listen to music with prominent bass, but I also listen to classical and other bass light music. I enjoy clarity and detail, but for the same price would it be right to go for the westone 4s?

thanks

W4 is neutral, but not bass light. W3 is a totally different iem. W3 has intense treble with hard hitting bass, but poor mids. I personally really like W4, but that's because I'm a mid/treble head. It's all matter of preference.

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 3
I say go with the W4. never owned the W3 but i did own the UM3X and out of those 2 (W4 vs UM3X) the W4 has less bass but much much better clarity, more neutral but as previously said not that bass light. It has a prominent bass hump around 60Hz, right where most modern music would place their bass notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back