Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Dec 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #46 of 5,568
I've heard at the Korean forums that Soundcat(the importer of most of the earphones here) is waiting for an announcement from Westone at 14th(so is it today there?).

Maybe, this would be the Westone 4.

Just guessing. I think it won't be...

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #47 of 5,568
Looks like a 4 to me. And the cable looks like it is removeable with swivl! It is kind of hard to see whether it is a prototype or pre-production sample.

Great catch Flavio. Now I really have to drop by the Westone booth at CES.

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #48 of 5,568
It's official!

Just received official Press Release from Westone via email:

[size=x-small]"Westone Music Products is pleased to announce the release of the Westone 4 True-Fit Earphone.[/size][size=x-small][size=11pt] [size=x-small]The new pinnacle of the Westone Series, the 4 features four [/size][/size][size=xx-small][size=11pt][size=x-small]balanced armature drivers with a three-way crossover network for breathtaking clarity and realism[/size][/size][size=x-small][size=11pt]. T[size=x-small]he Westone 4 is the clear choice for the serious audiophile and music enthusiast.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=x-small]The Westone 4 will be revealed at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on January 6[/size][size=x-small], with product shipping early in the first quarter of 2011[/size][size=x-small]."[/size]

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #50 of 5,568
That is excellent news! I'm going to start saving up now! I would like to do a side by side comparison of these with my W3s. Then sell my W3s because the W4s are not going to be cheap! Unless I don't like the sound 
frown.gif
... do you think they would take returns? 
tongue.gif

edit*
Dual bass will be awesome for me! I like having the option of some extra bass. Hope they fare well with EQ.

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #55 of 5,568
So, one question: Where is the best place to sell Westone 3's? How much should I expect to get for them? I really must have the 4's!

Exciting times, I've had my 3's for a year now and have started to crave a little more, I hope the quad drivers will do me proud.

I need a set date!

(",)

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #56 of 5,568
Fortunately i had not yet settled on the SE535 or the UM3X yet. Now it looks that i will hold back for a few more weeks. This W4 sure looks promising.

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #57 of 5,568
Still not clear on the difference of the sound between the W3 and UM3x? Can someone sum that up for me right quick?

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #59 of 5,568
I think the UM3Xs are supposed to be tuned as studio monitors for sound engineers, whereas the W3s are tuned for music enjoyment. So in theory, the UM3Xs are meant to sound 'flat' although they have the same drivers. The W3s are supposed to sound more bass heavy with enhanced treble.

Quote:
Still now clear on the difference of the sound between the W3 and UM3x? Can someone sum that up for me right quick?

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #60 of 5,568
Thank you @ Danz03.

Quote:
I think the UM3Xs are supposed to be tuned as studio monitors for sound engineers, whereas the W3s are tuned for music enjoyment. So in theory, the UM3Xs are meant to sound 'flat' although they have the same drivers. The W3s are supposed to sound more bass heavy with enhanced treble.

Quote:
Still now clear on the difference of the sound between the W3 and UM3x? Can someone sum that up for me right quick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back