Westone 3 vs PFE232
Dec 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

daniel521

500+ Head-Fier
These two fit my criteria perfectly, I'm looking for a fun IEM with emphasis on bass and treble, but without mids being too recessed. I'm just wondering, how much of a leap in quality is there between these two? The westone 3 is half the price of the PFE232, so is it worth paying double for the PFE232? One of my top priorities is clarity and resolution, so how do they both compare in this (does the PFE232 offer a lot more clarity and resolution compared to the westone 3?)?

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 7
I think you put this into the wrong section. 
blink.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 7
I can only speak for the 232, I had it for a month and I just miss the sound they produced. It is exactly what you want, a clear presentation with spacious soundstage and great bass. I was surprised at how 2 BA drivers can deliver such fun bass. Of course I have my MG7 for big booming bass but ill be buying the 232 from earphonesolution as they are having a great sell going on for both. From what ive read the W3 sound as if your main focus will be fun music such as electronic andd DnB, but if you enjoy some melodic, classical you can have the best of both worlds with the 232. I honestly dont think they will dissapoint

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
I can only speak for the 232, I had it for a month and I just miss the sound they produced. It is exactly what you want, a clear presentation with spacious soundstage and great bass. I was surprised at how 2 BA drivers can deliver such fun bass. Of course I have my MG7 for big booming bass but ill be buying the 232 from earphonesolution as they are having a great sell going on for both. From what ive read the W3 sound as if your main focus will be fun music such as electronic andd DnB, but if you enjoy some melodic, classical you can have the best of both worlds with the 232. I honestly dont think they will dissapoint

I already ordered it earphone solutions yesterday :), it will arrive in a few days.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 7
Congrats!! Im sure you will love them ,(if you dont already have them). The ability to change the sound signature on these makes them great for wahtever the mood. Just remember if your not WOWed give your brain some time to adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back