Westone 3 vs Bose IE2 vs Car Audio
Sep 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TDG7

New Head-Fier
Hey guys so I currently have the Bose IE2 IEMS and I was thinking about upgrading to the Westone 3's. But I was wondering exactly how much of a difference I could expect to hear?

Cuz with my Bose IE2's, theres just so little power behind the bass at all. Like there will be bass drops in songs that just are hardly audible but when I plug my iPhone into my car the same bass drops will just shake my car it is 1000x more prevalent.

I'm not all about bass or anything, in fact I care far more about treble, midbass, etc. But I would like to be able to listen to some songs NOT in my car and be able to have some power behind the bass and just have it audible cuz with the IE2's the drops are hardly there haha.

So I guess what I'm asking is how much better are the westone 3's? Can I expect much more power behind the bass than the IE2's? I know the highs will be much more warm, not harsh, won't roll off, etc. I just don't know how much more bass and bass power I'll get?

Thanks for your help!

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 3
The Sennheiser IE8 (deep, punchy bass) has bass knob to adjust the bass and on minimium setting it's much more bassier than IE2. It's offer realy wide soundstage(out of head) with clear mid and highs(good upgrade over IE2).

Sep 1, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah i looked at a bunch of reviews between shure530/ie7/ie8/westone 3 etc
And decided on the westones.

Just wondering if it will be a large difference between the ie2's and westone 3's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back