Westone 3 Cable Issues
Aug 31, 2009 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NeObliviscaris

Niiice!
Previously known as FeedMeTrance
Hi All

Been forever since I posted here, but recently been having problems with my Westone 3's.

They cut out on both ears randomly when I am walking. Have tried with different devices to ensure it wasn't my source and still had issues.

Have emailed Westone, but want to know if: a) any one has had similar issues, and b) if anyone has dealt with westone for repairs etc and what their experience is.

thx

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 7
I have not had this issue at all. If they are cutting out while walking, I'd check your player's output jack first. Otherwise, describe your issue on Westone's support page and they'll respond to you within 24 hours. Just check your junk email folder. the from address wasn't as obvious.

After correspondence, you'll get an return code and instructions to send back. It's pretty quick and support is very good

Aug 31, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #4 of 7
I feel bad for you!

About 2 months ago, I had a similar problem with the right driver on my iPod Touch 2G. I tried other devices & other IEM and it was obvious that the problem was the 3s. I pre-ordered the IEM so, it might be a problem with the first batch.

Here's my experience:
I emailed them and they gave me a RMA number. I sent back at my own expense. About a week later, I get brand new ones but they didn't send me a shipping notification.

A few weeks alter, FedEx send me a letter and they want to screw me with their "brokerage" fees (about $90 CAD). I phoned them, explain the situation and they told me that there's a way to pay half of the fees. Westone just need to fax them the original invoice with the correct term "warranty replacement". I emailed back Westone and they were kind enough to do it. In the end, I paid $45 FedEx.

I heard stories that some people didn't pay FedEx and they didn't do anything. In the letter, FedEx say that they might send a collection agency if I don't pay and it will affect my credit rating. I didn't want any problem so, I pay them.

For now, the new ones are working great and I take extra cautious steps to avoid the same problem. Hopefully, they will last 2 years. I also suggest to register your IEM to get an extra year of warranty (up from 1 to 2 years).

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 7
Westone's customer support is pretty good. They don't always send emails notifying you of a shipment and this has been a problem for me too. IMO this is business 101 and they should. Otherwise they are very prompt and willing to work with you and fix or replace the monitor.

Sep 21, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 7
Got them back - sent me a brand new pair.

As for shipping, they didn't notify me, but OMG, the fastest shipping from USA to Aus I have ever seen!

Left their warehouse on 15/09 (16/09 in aus) and got there on 18/09!

Very impressed with Westone - now I have to deal with my b roken Sleek SA6's (for the 2nd time
frown.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back