Westone 2 vs um2 vs se425
Oct 2, 2012 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

cyberbot1124

New Head-Fier
hey guys, im recently stucked between choosing one of these earphones. i listened to pop songs most. bass and mids are very important to me but i dont care much about treble as long as they are not bad. i liked the fit from westone better but i hv no idea for three of them's sound quality. please give me some comments and i would appreciate a lot!! THX :') also please help me to tick your choice above!!!

remember to vote^

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #7 of 15
the SE425's bass is very acurate and tight, but articulate. it sometimes lacks a bit of body though.

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #12 of 15
Between the W2 and UM2 definitely the UM2 (i have never heard the Shure). While I do think the W2 is a good IEM I found it sometimes lacked punch/excitement and with your requirements I do think you would be disappointed with the W2. The UM2 to fixes all the issues I had with the W2 except the treble is still a little rolled off which I dont like but I think you would.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #13 of 15
I had the W2 and SE425 and imo you can get better sounding IEM's for the price of though's but out of the 2 the W2 is the best sounding.

If bass and mids are the most important qualities your looking for you might want to checkout the Ortofon e-Q7 or e-Q5.  They have bass that's a lot like a dynamic driver with good impact and depth along with very nice mids, the e-Q7 being the more mid-centric of the to.  The e-Q5 still has really nice mids they're just more balanced with the rest of the frequencies.

Also the Earsonics SM2 is another dual BA with a mid-centric sound and better than average bass though they cost a little bit more than all the others at $328, you can find them and the Ortofon's at Musica Acoustics.

Jul 7, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #15 of 15
I'm looking into buying the westone w20's. I can get them for £135.
I mainly listen to heavy dance music and light classical music. I am not a bass lover.
On the other hand I can get the shure se425's for around £170.
Can anyone advise me on which to buy or if a different pair altogether would suit my needs.
Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back