Westone 2 vs. UM2 vs. PFE vs. Ortofon Q5
May 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pott

100+ Head-Fier
All roughly the same price... to use with a Cowon J3 and no external amp (although I have a Fiio E17 but I don't want to carry this around).

I'm looking for something fun, not 100% analytical. Something which makes me enjoy the music, not requires me to analyze it. I'm listening to mostly MP3s in V2 VBR. No lossless.

I have IE7s and I find them a little erm... 'light' sounding, although not sure quite how basically. I love the soundstage on these though. the biggest issue is that no matter what tips I use, I never seem to be able to get these in comfortably :frowning2:

May 29, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
All roughly the same price... to use with a Cowon J3 and no external amp (although I have a Fiio E17 but I don't want to carry this around).

I'm looking for something fun, not 100% analytical. Something which makes me enjoy the music, not requires me to analyze it. I'm listening to mostly MP3s in V2 VBR. No lossless.

I have IE7s and I find them a little erm... 'light' sounding, although not sure quite how basically. I love the soundstage on these though. the biggest issue is that no matter what tips I use, I never seem to be able to get these in comfortably :frowning2:

Q5 seems to be the only 'fun' iem in the selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back