Westone 2 True-Fit IEM Appreciation & Impressions Thread...
Oct 22, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #437 of 441
  It turns out that Skullophile was right! The Future Sonics dual flange deep insertion tips (and yes, my friend, they do go deep) actually brings the bass up to where it needs to be! I just got through "Thebes" by OM and was blown away. The future sonics tips have salvaged the low end and still retain 95% of the unnaturally natural high end of the Phonak Audeo tips. These things sound amazing now :D

Tip if you want them: If you go to order them through the Future Sonics website, they'll want to charge you $11+ for shipping. Email them and they can work something out for you with USPS for a few dollars shipping. Alternatively there is a vendor on eBay selling them for $15 flat. I got them recently and while the mediums initially looked way too big for my medium-sized ears, they actually work great if you don't mind the fact that they dig a little deeper than usual. Cheers!

These?

(I'm looking for deep insertion sleeves now!)

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #438 of 441
Oct 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #439 of 441
I ordered a set of medium Future Sonics Earfills from ccisolutions for $15. I'm using the star tips right now, and they don't seal well, especially in my right ear. I have kind of an oily skin in my ears, I guess. So I have to wipe the tips and the inside of ears every time I use them. Something is also weird with the shape of my right ear. I tried the Sony hybrids, but they didn't work well, with the mod.

You've listened to both the W2 and W20's.  I'm curious as to how you compare those two.  Much obliged.

If there's any difference it must be minor, because I didn't notice anything at all. I have ongoing issues with the tips, which I had with W2 as well, that would mask any slight differences.  But W20 is a much better package with the removable cables and you get two of them, one the epic and one with mic and controls. It also looks sturdier. And 3 pairs of replaceable face-plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back