Westone 1 or Westone 2 or IE60
Jul 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

robin0627

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am a new member of this forum and my pair of se215 has been broken recently. This is my second pair of shure earphones, which was broken because of the wire issues. I will not consider buying another set of IEM from shure due to the durability of the wires.

Recently, I went to a local store to try the um1 and I was impressed by the weight and comfortability of the monitors. Since I have owned two pair of entry-level earphones, I will opt for an upgrade and I am now torning between Westone 2 and IE60. But I am also worried that the Westone 2 cannot perform well with my iPhone 5 and it is not worthwhile to go for this upgrade. If this is the case, I will choose the Westone 1.

Can you guys give me some advice? Thanks.

Jul 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 7
Well, I've gone from Westone 1's to Westone 2's.  The 1's were amazing, but I decided I wanted better, and the quality upgrade is outstanding--for reference, I use them on an iPhone 4S without an external amp/dac, and they couldn't get any better, it's ridiculous.  If/when I have the money, I want the W4's...but that's just a pipe dream.

Anyway, my point is, the Westone 2's are amazing, but for the budget-minded, the 1's do a fine job as well. Can't comment on the IE60.

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Well, I've gone from Westone 1's to Westone 2's.  The 1's were amazing, but I decided I wanted better, and the quality upgrade is outstanding--for reference, I use them on an iPhone 4S without an external amp/dac, and they couldn't get any better, it's ridiculous.  If/when I have the money, I want the W4's...but that's just a pipe dream.

Anyway, my point is, the Westone 2's are amazing, but for the budget-minded, the 1's do a fine job as well. Can't comment on the IE60.

Is the upgrade worthwhile? Since westone 2 costs twice as much as westone 1, did you get a double increase in terms of your experience
?

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 7
The thing with pretty much anything, earphones included, is that while price increases exponentially, quality does not. You will see a much greater difference from $50 earphones compared to $100 earphones than something like $300 earphones compared to $350 earphones. Note this is a generalization and the accuracy of this statement will vary :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back