Well......It Happened Again!
Feb 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

whirlwind

Headphoneus Supremus
It happened again alright.....I stopped by to visit, and it has hurt my wallet again. 
tongue_smile.gif

I have been diggin my grado 325i's for awile now and have just purchased a pair of RS1i's.....they should be here monday......I am flippin stoked....cant wait.

I will probrably sell my 325i's if I like the RS1i's to the extreme.

Hurry up and get here monday! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 26
Kudos and enjoy.  $$ well spent, No other headphone puts you on stage with the musicians like the RS1.  Give them time to burn in and enjoy the gig!!

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 26
I bought a used pair, but they only have about 50-75 hours on them supposedly.....we shall see.

kramer5150......I love what you are saying....I cant wait to listen to them.

I am planning an all nighter.....with the first album being something accoustic....maybe Neil Young 
smile_phones.gif

Others on the stage for the all nighter with definitely be Pink Floyd.....Robert Cray & The Beatles

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 26
What do you have right now?
Edit: Oh, you'll be blown away.

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 26
Feb 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:
I bought a used pair, but they only have about 50-75 hours on them supposedly.....we shall see.

kramer5150......I love what you are saying....I cant wait to listen to them.

I am planning an all nighter.....with the first album being something accoustic....maybe Neil Young 
smile_phones.gif

Others on the stage for the all nighter with definitely be Pink Floyd.....Robert Cray & The Beatles

Good call on Neil Young and those artists.

Some others to sonsider
Clapton - Unplugged
Stevie Ray - Texas Flood
The Eagles - Milenium concert
Van Halen I

If you're into Prog/metal:

Petrucci doing his version of Steve Morse + Al DiMeola, with his buddy Jordan

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #8 of 26
The K701s and the RS-1s were my two main cans for a long time. The 325s will have more visceral impact with the aluminum cans compared to the wooden cans. But the RS-1s are a treat. Enjoy.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #9 of 26
I've had probably a dozen or more mid to high end headphones, and none have even come close to the RS1s I had. This was pre-i series, but if they are even 75% as good, you will be selling the 325s the night you receive them.

Pair them with a Mapletree Audio amp and you'll never leave your chair.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #11 of 26
Yeah, remember to give us a review esp comparing the 325i.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #12 of 26
kramer 5150 thank you for posting those youtube links.

I get more excited about the RS1i the more that I read you guys replies....saying that I won't listen to the 325i's after hearing the RS1i's.

That is just hard for me to comprehend, because I love these 325i's so much.

I will make sure I let you know what I think of the RS1's compared to the 325's.

The anticipation of getting these is killing me, lol......but in the meantime I am still going to keep rocking these 325's 
smile.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:
kramer 5150 thank you for posting those youtube links.

I get more excited about the RS1i the more that I read you guys replies....saying that I won't listen to the 325i's after hearing the RS1i's.

That is just hard for me to comprehend, because I love these 325i's so much.

I will make sure I let you know what I think of the RS1's compared to the 325's.

The anticipation of getting these is killing me, lol......but in the meantime I am still going to keep rocking these 325's 
smile.gif

It is like when I got the MS2i, I no longer want to listen to the MS1i even I have been trying lol. Maybe it will happen to the MS2i when I got a MS-Pro lol.

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #14 of 26
They came just a few hours ago.......here they are.....I will be listening to them extensively tonight. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #15 of 26
Congrats, the RS1i are some fine sounding headphones, and they look good too, i'm sure you'll enjoy them.

And be sure to give us your impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back