Well, I'm back
Jun 6, 2003 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CaptBubba

Not dumb enough fora custom title...so he thought.
Went to Hawaii for a week. Wish it had been longer, there's just so much to do on Oahu alone, not counting the stupid tourist traps.

So now, I'm jet lagged. I saw the sun rise, set, and then rise again today. My dogs are acting like I have suddenly returned from the dead. Unfortunatly, soemthing allways has to go wrong, and my cd-wallet was stolen out of my hotel room, with 9/10cds. Fortunatly, my pcdp and headphones were not, and I had my gladiator cd in it. I need to check insurance to see if I can get some sort of compensation for the cds. My three way amplifier made it through security four times, no problem, and works very well.

Things I learned from traveling to HI:
  1. LA international was quite likely designed by a drunk monkey
  2. Roberts Hawaii owns almost every single bus on the island of Oahu
  3. A meal of "Spam, Eggs, and Rice" is served at McDonalds.
  4. Fresh pineapple is really ****ing good
  5. Snokleing kicks ass, but go early in the morning
  6. Never, ever, eat at the hotel restaraunts.
  7. People in HI don't understand the concept of the turn signal, or the stop sign
  8. Having a light sunburn is in many ways worse than having a heavy one beacause it itches so bad
  9. Having itchy sunburn on a 5 hour flight is hell
  10. Silk makes sunburn itch
  11. No matter how high property prices get in your city, they could always be worse
  12. It is a bad sign when all the cabs are luxury cars
  13. I need etys
  14. Turning wireless off through Intel's utilities doesn't save as much power as turning it off through windows.

Well, did I miss anything around here? Anything exciting?

Jun 6, 2003 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Fresh pineapple is really ****ing good

Don't know why, but this line really made me laugh
biggrin.gif
Do your dogs get pissed when you leave them? Just curious, as I kenneled mine for the first time on Memorial day weekend for a few days. When I picked them up, they had a slight attitude, but got over it after a few hours.

Get the Etys......you'll love them
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2003 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 4
lol, probably because it followed the spam comment.

I live on 200+ acres of land, and we have outside dogs. Our neighbors come over daily to feed them. If there were attitudes they dissapeared after a good scratch behind the ears.

edit: 3:43 AM, and I feel like it is 9pm, greeeeat.

Jun 6, 2003 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 4
What was wrong w/ the hotel restaurants? And did you see any Hawaii Head-fi'ers while you were up there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back