Well I finally had my "I found something cool in the attic" moment
Mar 20, 2009 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Today I was rearranging my bookshelf when I saw on the top of the shelf towards the back next to the wall was a white shoebox. I didn't remember this box at all, so I opened it up and...

Koss PortaPro recabled by Enigma Audio.
normal_smile .gif

What the heck was it doing in there! I forgot I even had this, it totally escaped the Great Headphone Selloff of 2006. In fact, in the box was something I actually DID remember and searched all over for, my gel-packed shoulder strap (that thing rules for carrying heavy guitar cases around).

So anyhow, I plugged it into my old Sony D-35 and DA BASS. Totally forgot about this beast, so I dialed the portapro in for a light bass config (yes, those blue slidey things on the temples actually work) and man this is a fun transportable rig!

So there you go, probably the last time i'll ever come across something cool like that again that comes out of the blue - but who knows, over time as i get older mebbe i'll have more pleasant "senior" moments!

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 19
The most interesting thing in my attic is insulation. The basement on the other hand...
I found a Star Tac and a nice snare drum.
Have fun with the Portapros!

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #3 of 19
I ran across my three finger ball glove. Had it traced to the 1941-46 era. It has three fingers and a thumb. Stuck it in some old fishing waders and they were in the attic.

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Careful, I think Alex put it there.

how Could he!!!??
mad.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #9 of 19
When i moved into my house and went into the attic i found rolls and rolls of headphone and speaking wadding it's everywhere even all over the floor of the attic. I reckon some time in the past my house was used as a factory for headphones!

I think i might leave it there as it seems to do a good job of keeping in heat. Unless anyone want to buy some for their headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #12 of 19
What a nice surprise! Congrats!

I think you're right about it being the last time you'll forget about something like that.

Now you'd really be losing it if down the road I see another thread about you finding an HP-1000 that you forgot you had
tongue.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #14 of 19
Of early dementia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back