Well, how about them Cal Bears
Dec 31, 2004 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ls20

1000+ Head-Fier
all that whining about not being in the Rose Bowl and they get smacked by a middle-tier Big 12 team. TTU wasn't no Southern Miss, that's for sure
orphsmile.gif

i cannot wait for the Rose Bowl
k1000smile.gif

Dec 31, 2004 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 9
of their heralded trio (breaston, avant, and edwards), only edwards carries the load.... just like we did with our trio last year. so they wont be able to use that as an excuse
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 9
Bummer, I was hoping to see Cal make out well for once. I have to agree about the poetic justice in stifling their whining, though.
cool.gif

Dec 31, 2004 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 9
The results of the bowl do not refute their right to be in the Rose Bowl. They earned it during the regular season. Plus, do you really think they were all that pumped up and motivated to play anyways?

Dec 31, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
The results of the bowl do not refute their right to be in the Rose Bowl. They earned it during the regular season. Plus, do you really think they were all that pumped up and motivated to play anyways?

I always thought you should at least beat the teams you are supposed to. If they cant get pumped up for a bowl game.....Hmmmm. This was there chance to prove to there critics that put TX. over them wrong. I think the the stuggle against SM showed they were not as good as Texas (in most peoples eyes) and thats why TX. got the Rose Bowl nod and not Cal.

Dec 31, 2004 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
I always thought you should at least beat the teams you are supposed to.

If that were the case, no one would watch sports. We would all know the winner before the game even started.
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
If that were the case, no one would watch sports. We would all know the winner before the game even started.
biggrin.gif

All I'm getting at is that the reason they got jumped in the polls, and TX. is going to the Rose Bowl is because they were not considered the better team at the end of the regular season. This bowl game destruction goes a long way in proving that. When the Rose Bowl was on the line, they tried to choke against SM. They did last night. They had a chance to prove themselves a great team againts both of these lesser rated teams and could not do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back