Website problems?
Aug 22, 2009 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wsilvio

500+ Head-Fier
Ken,

I have a tried to access your site a few times today and every time I get a weird warring from my browser warning of possible malware on the site. Any idea what's gong on?

will

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 9
Hey All,

As I was leaving to take my family camping this all happened :frowning2: apparently the server that ALO resides was hit with a cyber attack and my webmaster and the company that runs the servers were working on the problem all last night. In the early evening it was all cleared up but had to be ok'ed by Google and that has also happened. Since ALO uses Paypal for everything there is no security risk because the ALO site simply sends customers to paypal when things are bought but I still am pretty dissapointed with how this went down.
everything is all clear and good now though.

I apologize for the outage,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 23, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have fun in your camping trip Ken.

Hey Miguel,

Sort of... The whole mess with the website was kind of stressful. Apparently there was a huge rash of websites affected by this. Mine was cleared really quick and we were down more because of the Google block waiting for the "ok" than from the actual malware thing, but I can appreciate the intent of Google. I am just glad all corrected and back on line.

But yeah my daughter had a blast and did not want to come home. I am kind of sad to see summer end also. It must be nice to live in Florida! here its going to get pretty bad soon.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 23, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am kind of sad to see summer end also. It must be nice to live in Florida! here its going to get pretty bad soon.

Ken

But you'll have your new store to keep you warm and bring bright days ahead even in the bad weather
bigsmile_face.gif

Looking forward to visiting you in just a few weeks to building that headphone listening station - it is going to be very sweet!

Vinnie

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... It must be nice to live in Florida! here its going to get pretty bad soon.

Ken

For the most part is really nice, but we do have the hurricanes to deal with!
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back