Webcam Recommendations
Nov 13, 2003 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zotjen

Headphoneus Supremus
Can anyone recommend a good webcam? I'm looking for something especially good in low light levels. I previously had the 3com Home connect which I would buy again in a heartbeat, but it is discontinued and hard to find and not supported by Windows XP.

I've been eyeing either the Logitech Pro 4000 or the VEO Velocity Connect based on some good reviews. I have read a lot of negative comments on both from users though.

Logitech has also come out with the Orbit. It looks pretty cool and has some neat features. I spotted it in a local CopmUSA even though every other dealer I checked doesn't have it yet and has it listed as not yet released or on order. I'm very hesitant to get the Orbit without reading any reviews or opinions, especially given Logitech's track record on some of their cameras. The Orbit also retails for a hefty 129.99.

Tom

Nov 14, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 3
I think the Logitech orbit will make a great webcam as long as it supports USB 2.0. And since it is $20 cheaper than the Apple iSight i think it would be great. If you are running a Mac i would suggest the iSight which i think is considered the best webcame available

Nov 17, 2003 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 3
i'm looking for a webcam as me and my fiance` are currently 10 hours apart. i just looked at the orbit....if anyone gets one let us know how good it is...

ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back