Ways to spend Bday present ~100 pounds
Jun 10, 2008 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

G-man

Formerly known as gautam
High, well as you may have guessed, today is my bday... YAY!! and i got a present of a 100 pounds, that i was thinking of spending in headphones, mainly because i dont want to get any thing else as of now (got a psp and a wii, am saving up for wii games elsewhere).

so i was wondering, what headphones you suggest. i am open to all suggestions, as i am not sure between IEMs or full size. is the quality better on full size, in which case i would rather go with those, because i quite like my phillips 9500s (still burning in, a bit dark, but not too bad).

i got a 100 pounds, and i might be able to stretch it a bit here or there. so, what are the suggestions? in terms of music, i listen to most, except rap/hip hop. i would prefer a set with nice mids, and not too much bass/treble. any suggestions?

EDIT: i was also thinking whether is should save up for a new mp3 player instead. currently have the h10 6gb, which i love, but it does not have enough space. if i was to get a enw one, i would probably get the zen, as it is a small one with the largest capacity, and in the future, i could probably by a 16 gb card if i needed to upgrade the size. so, what do you think?

Jun 10, 2008 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 23
Happy birthday! Any way you could 'try out' some headphones? I would recommend you some grado's, because definetly on the 'lower' models, you get alot for what you pay for.

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There're some new ones...still cheapier than buy in store and lots of high-regarded members who will not let you down.

its not that, its just i would prefer to buy them new, form a well known shop, in the uk, with little or no warranty issues.

abck to the topic, what do you think i should do:
IEMs vs Full size vs MP3 player

and any advise on the ones you chose.

Jun 10, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #7 of 23
wellive sort of narrowed it down to these choices:

IEMs:
super.fi 5 pro
klipsch custom 2
denon 551
any other you suggest

Full Size
frown.gif
omgthere are soo many)
Allesandro MS1s
Goldring dr150
Akg 241/271
Senn 595
and i do not really know about any audio technika or beyer, or ultrasone to comment

MP3:
creative zen 32gb
Sansa view 32gb
any other high capacity non ipod/zune small mp3 player.

so, what do you guys think? Also, has anyone heard of the WESC headphones. i could not really fund much info on them, but i head that senehieser designed them for wesc.

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 23
i was thinking of the ms2i's, but i really really want the video games. and 2bh, i do not want to spend more than 100 pounds on headphones as of now. what about the choices above. and i do not really have any use of a turntable.

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #11 of 23
Get the HD580 new from eBay there are still some once in a while showing up....

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #13 of 23
hooker.

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, who needs a hooker when you have a girlfriend?

But GF tends to be bored sometimes.....the HD580 is IMO better than the 595, but the 595 is easier to drive....the 580 is basically the HD600 with different grills, so if you place the HD600 grills (an 8 dollar upgrade) on a 580 you basically get the HD600 whic was the sennheiser flagship for long time and IMO still is, as I do not like too much the 650...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back