Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Apr 26, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #4,621 of 14,300
Quote:

Originally Posted by SimD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Citizen Skyhawk. Didn't really like the metal bracelet so got a nice black strap.

Love the watch.

4544575308_4dbb94532b.jpg

I do like the look of it.
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #4,623 of 14,300
New Lum-Tec C38 C4 owner
Loving my new watch. My wife bought it for my bday. Black w/ orange lume.

I've been looking for a 'new' watch for a while. Been contemplating used Rolexes, but struggling to determine if I could find a reputable dealer. Then I saw some articles on the black Rolex DLCs. Loved the look. I heard mention of Lum Tec and it went downhill from there.
wink.gif

OUTSTANDING customer service. Why? My wife bought it last week, in the hopes of receiving it before my Sunday bday. It came on Thursday but when she opened the box, it was the wrong color. She checked her order and the mistake was on Lum-Tec's side. She emailed them and Chris replied, promising to take care of it. He shipped the correct watch and it arrived in time. He also made a generous offer to correct the mistake, which we declined. The fact that he went to that effort goes a long way in making me a long term customer. That kind of service gets my respect. Well done.

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #4,624 of 14,300
Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM 1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my watch...just back from repairs. I smashed the plexiglass somehow. I also had it serviced, and now it runs like clockwork. Based on the 1942 Panerai-Rolex Kampfschwimmer, it has an ETA 6497-1 manual Swiss movement, and a Mario Paci band.
(snip pics)

My Stowa also has a "manual" Swiss movement - I think it is very cool to have to manually wind it each morning - like you are somehow "connected" to your time piece
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #4,626 of 14,300
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Stowa also has a "manual" Swiss movement - I think it is very cool to have to manually wind it each morning - like you are somehow "connected" to your time piece
wink.gif

.....and i love the realiability of the manual movements. My wife's watch broke, so she began using my Speedy, however she soon tired of winding the watch every morning (when she remembered).

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #4,627 of 14,300
Mechanical watch winding, maintenance, etc., what author William Gibson dubbed the "Tamagotchi Gesture." Said Gibson, "They're pointless yet needful, comforting precisely because they require tending."

I currently own about forty vintage watches, mostly Hamiltons. They're my "little friends."
k701smile.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #4,629 of 14,300
Out of curiosity, how do you guys/gals where your watches?

If I'm dressing casual, I tend to wear my watch with the dial inward (inside the forearm).

If I am dressing more for business or for a formal event, I wear it "normally".

Also I tend to switch the hands.. Left usually for formal and when writing (I'm right-handed), but on the right hand for the other days...

Is this weird?

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #4,630 of 14,300
Quote:

If I'm dressing casual, I tend to wear my watch with the dial inward (inside the forearm).

Also I tend to switch the hands.. Left usually for formal and when writing (I'm right-handed), but on the right hand for the other days...

Is this weird?

Where do I wear it, or how do I wear it? On my wrist!
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #4,631 of 14,300
Quote:

Is this weird?

I always wear it with the dial facing out, on my left wrist with a band only just tight (loose enough that I can still comfortably push the little finger on my other hand between the band and my wrist.

My biggest pet peeve with wearing watches is the people who buy a watch of any sort with a metal band and then insist on leaving the band unsized so the band is always twice the diameter of the wrist and the watch just flops around. My dad wore his last two watches like that, until we bought him his current watch which, by some amazing stroke, was exactly the right size for him stock out of the box.

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #4,632 of 14,300
Quote:

Is this weird?

To me, it's weird that you switch wrists. I'd don't think I could get away from looking at my left wrist.

When I'm doing physical labor, mowing the lawn, clearing brush, light carpentry work, etc, I wear my watch (generally a G-Shock for these activities) dial facing in. All other times, the dial faces out. I'm right handed and wear my wrist on my left wrist.

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #4,633 of 14,300
Apr 30, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #4,634 of 14,300
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
theres actually a g-shock 5600 with all the trimmings, a metal/resine link bracelet, atomic clock syncronization, solar powred, inverted screen (white numbers on black screen) Casio Watches - G Shock Atomic - GW-M5600BC from Tiktox.com i would pick one up if it wasnt for having just ordered a new seiko alpinist

This is the G-Shock that i have except mine is black on white display. I find myself wearing it more and more in favor of my mechanicals
eek.gif
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back