Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Mar 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #4,591 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny6007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the process to PVD is about $600 but also remember that it voids any type of warranty from the manufacturer but i guess it doesn't really matter when there's so many compentent watchmakers, i think i've only sent one piece back for warranty work .... all other times i've used a private watchmaker

What I've heard is that if you send a watch back to Rolex that has been PVD'd, they'll polish off the finish or replace the case and charge you for it no ifs, ands, or buts.

All the same, the PVD Submariners and DSSDs are hot!

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #4,592 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I've heard is that if you send a watch back to Rolex that has been PVD'd, they'll polish off the finish or replace the case and charge you for it no ifs, ands, or buts.

All the same, the PVD Submariners and DSSDs are hot!

that's probably an option but from what i know from friends that have had this done and they have some good connections within the dealers they're pretty much unservicable from rolex unless like you said it's all swapped out back to stock. obviously they'll just have a 3rd party service the watch as it's cheaper and just as reliable

Apr 3, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #4,594 of 14,288
Another Breitling joins the family:
IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

Apr 3, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #4,595 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrispy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey there watch-fi. I was wondering if you could help suggest a watch. I'd graduating from college soon, and its been a family tradition to get a nice watch for graduation. The one I really like most is this IWC portofino http://www.quochuong.net/webadmin/im...watch-992g.jpg Do you have suggestions for anything similar that is under say $ 1750 ?

Hard to go wrong with an IWC...very timeless, classy watches. Would it be possible to save or otherwise be temporarily advanced the extra $$$ for your ideal watch? It's much better to pay a bit more for something you'll keep and will associate with your collegiate achievements.

Apr 4, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #4,597 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice. Seen the new Superoceans yet?

Yeah, and I'm not a fan. The mock-ups look decent, but any pics of it from Basel looks like crap:
breitlingsuperocean.jpg

And don't get me started on the lack of lume on the bezel. I greatly prefer the now discontinued SOSF.

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #4,598 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog5145 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, and I'm not a fan. The mock-ups look decent, but any pics of it from Basel looks like crap:

And don't get me started on the lack of lume on the bezel. I greatly prefer the now discontinued SOSF.

It looks a lot better with the black chapter ring, I think. But yeah, a "diver" it is not.

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #4,602 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are a few companies that do that, but it's obviously not cheap. Here's an LE Deepsea that I think is just killer.

*snip*

Be aware that Rolex will change it back to its original condition and charge you for it if you send it back for repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back