Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 18, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #10,966 of 14,300

Sweet, I like that every aspect of it looks precision
wink_face.gif
I know I said Satin finish but it really looks like what I've heard called Suede Matte before but the iced steel sounds like it looks, Bad Azz
biggrin.gif

LOL! Here's a link to an explanation of the process:

http://www.damasko.de/en/cases

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #10,967 of 14,300
Of course I know it's 45mm. I bought it because it's the smallest diameter case size in Casio's current US G Shock lineup. Although I'm wondering if you knew that since you claimed there are thousands of smaller G Shocks. And then there is only one "square" series in the current line up, the 5600. Maybe I should have said "THE" square so you weren't confused. Are we going to have to change your profile tag to Padawan and make me the new Master G?
tongue.gif

(And no. Baby Gs are Baby Gs. They are not G Shocks, if one is trying to be accurate. Quite clearly differentiated by the label on the watch itself
wink.gif
)

@moedawg140 Show em' why they call you grand master Moe "G", Maurice!

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #10,968 of 14,300
Cheers Poster! It's called "iced steel" and is a process that renders it completely scratch proof. You can find these sometimes second hand, maybe 5-10 years old and they always look completely brand new. Incredible technology and combined with the Valjoux 7750 movement it's one of the all time toughest chronographs on the planet. :blink:

That's nice to hear. I recently bought an inexpensive Casio Eco Drive, and I was disappointed to discover that the stainless must be as soft as butter. In one day, got more scratches on it than some of my Oneida flatware that is 20 years old (LOL).

I wish there was more information like that given about stainless bracelet and case hardness. It's not all equal. I don't need a very expensive movement in a watch, but I would love it the darn thing doesn't scratch easy :)

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #10,969 of 14,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Vang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@moedawg140 Show em' why they call you grand master Moe "G", Maurice!

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​
  ​
 ​

​

​

​
   ​
 ​

​

​
    ​
 ​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​
   ​
 ​

​
    ​
 ​
    ​
 ​

​

​

​
Introducing one of the newest G-Shock to my collection, the Johnny Cupcakes and G-Shock limited edition collaboration.  Many thanks to my wife for purchasing the timepiece as a gift for me passing the competencies for my Masters.

​

​

​

​

​
 ​

​
 ​
Newest G-Shocks - Rose Gold Baby G for my daughter, Blue/Gray Baby G for my wife, G Steel for myself

​
  ​
 ​
This was purchased before the newest timepieces, but I would like to end this post with the introduction of the alife x G-Shock limited edition collaboration.

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #10,977 of 14,300
Nice...

Yeah, I gots me one of them too!

Love it.

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #10,978 of 14,300
Classic diver strap, nice.

I'm thinking of picking up a 3rd gen. But the lack of a day window makes me feel like it's lost something. The new movement is supposed to be more accurate. But after being regulated I've been getting +/- 1 min/week on mine, which is enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back