Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Aug 13, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #7,021 of 14,288
What a beautiful and diverse collection you have! I love it when collections are diverse such as yours, I think there is then more scope for enjoyment. The stand out piece,all are what I would term stand out by the way but this one more so for me, is the Breguet. Would I be right in thinking that is the hand painted enamel dial? I bet you get a huge amount of enjoyment out of them, congratulations.

Aug 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #7,022 of 14,288
Oh yes, looking at it close up I can see Enamel on the dial, outstanding!

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #7,023 of 14,288
What a beautiful and diverse collection you have! I love it when collections are diverse such as yours, I think there is then more scope for enjoyment. The stand out piece,all are what I would term stand out by the way but this one more so for me, is the Breguet. Would I be right in thinking that is the hand painted enamel dial? I bet you get a huge amount of enjoyment out of them, congratulations.

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, watches are one of my passions along with music. The Breguet is a 5177 with an enamel dial as tou noticed. It also has a silicon escapement and pallet arm. It actually has one of their post-Lemania I house callibres 777Q. One of my fans as well.

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #7,025 of 14,288
such beautiful works of art.  

how does everyone keep their watches clean and so scratch free? i wear mine daily and its crystal is pretty scratched.

Scratch free is just down to being careful I think, Sapphire crystals help as they are very scratch resistant. If there are minor scratches. for the case I have found that something called Sunshine Polishing cloths are quite good, they are not as harsh as cape cod but seem to take care of minor swirls. Having said that I rarely use them anymore, I have got peace now that the swirls and marks are me adding character to my watch.

As for cleaning. Well, one of my friends gave me a bottle of Veraet spray that the watch forums are raving about but I must admit I notice no difference in shimmer or shine to my watch over my usual cleaning routing which is a small amount of mild hand soap and water on a wet cloth then a rinse and dry with another soft lint free cloth. It seems to give exactly the same results and saves spending $30 on the spray!

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #7,026 of 14,288
Picked up my first digital watch. A Casio G-Shock DW5600bb-1. I told myself I would never own a G-shock, since my collection consists mostly of mechanical watches and I never liked the G's looks. I am really liking this model so far though. It's all black design and inverted dial gives it a bit of a stealth appearance. 

EDIT: You gotta give me some credit for posting a $50 watch after iim7V7IM7 incredible collection above. :D

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #7,027 of 14,288
I'm just here to say I don't like Negakinu anymore. He showed me the gorgeous Citizen Nighthawk and now I'm in love with it and I just have to order it.
Stay away from that man, he's not good for you (r wallet)

:wink:

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #7,028 of 14,288
Love Gshocks and that one especially! Do yourself a favor and head over to the Gshock forum at Watchuseek.It was the first forum I ever joined and to this day still one of the best, their enthusiasm and friendliness is wonderful!

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #7,029 of 14,288
Quote:
Congratulations on your Citizen, I have owned a number over the years and hold them in very high regard. As the the hands lining up or not. With most quartz watches it is hit and miss to get them lining up or not. I know multi thousand dollar quartz watches who's hands don't hit the markers spot on. There is slight slack in the gear train that is usually the cause of this, nothing to worry about and chances are if you changed it and got one that aligned perfectly it may go out of alignment over time. There are only a few watches (some Citizens included) that have resetting features, my Breitling has it so that you can realign the hands.
Honestly though I would just forget about it. citizens in my experience are really well made so your not going to have any worries with it!

I have to agree about Citizen's quality being really good. 

About the hands: Have you checked the manual and made sure it does not have hand-aligning procedure?

My CB0030-56E has that option.

Aug 14, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #7,030 of 14,288
Quote:
Love Gshocks and that one especially! Do yourself a favor and head over to the Gshock forum at Watchuseek.It was the first forum I ever joined and to this day still one of the best, their enthusiasm and friendliness is wonderful!

Already got almost 300 posts (and counting) under my belt @Watchuseek. :) Same username as Head-Fi. Awesome forum. A lot more polite than Head-Fi. :wink:

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #7,032 of 14,288
Quote:

i havent been on there in a long time because i cant afford another hobby.

I feel I've reached a point where I'm really satisfied with both my portable and desktop headphone rig. I no longer have the urge to upgrade. I have an ODAC on the way that's going to replace my others DACs and the Objective2 has replaced my other amps for a while now. The music just sounds really good to me lately. :) This means there's room for a different hobby. I've actually been selling a lot of my headphones lately! 

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #7,033 of 14,288
Quote:

I feel I've reached a point where I'm really satisfied with both my portable and desktop headphone rig. I no longer have the urge to upgrade. I have an ODAC on the way that's going to replace my others DACs and the Objective2 has replaced my other amps for a while now. The music just sounds really good to me lately. :) This means there's room for a different hobby. I've actually been selling a lot of my headphones lately! 

good to hear! im pretty happy also... too bad i was bit by the photography bug :frowning2:

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #7,035 of 14,288
Calling occupants.. Sorry, could not resist, great forum name and love the group.
I agree PMWF is a great forum though I am not sure about calling ones self poor, not sure what that would do energetically. I reckon Thrifty Mans Watch Forum would be a better title!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back