Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 10, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #1,636 of 14,288
I was practicing my Lighting controller in my room earlier today and thought about the Strap pics you guys are posting..

Took a quick pic of my Breitling Navitimer with it's new Black Breitling strap on My newest toy...Martin Xciter!!! hehe oh the effects generator on her..
IMG_1103.jpg

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #1,637 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was practicing my Lighting controller in my room earlier today and thought about the Strap pics you guys are posting..

Took a quick pic of my Breitling Navitimer with it's new Black Breitling strap on My newest toy...Martin Xciter!!! hehe oh the effects generator on her..
IMG_1103.jpg

Beautiful!

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #1,638 of 14,288
Quote:

Took a quick pic of my Breitling Navitimer...

Life's too short to blow through the satiating things. We can go at any minute.

Next time, take a loooong pic
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #1,639 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Seiko Arctura Kinetic and wear it as my everyday work watch. I love it as much as my Submariner, Panerai and Bell & Ross.
I get compliments on it nearly everyday from my accounts. It cost $150 on Amazon.com

http://hl-dc.com/watch/1Small.jpg[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Aaron, can you snap a pic of the strap? That watch looks pretty interesting.

Sep 10, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #1,640 of 14,288
Quote:

IMG_1103.jpg

Really nice bh
600smile.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #1,642 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the strap.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...postcount=1615

I meant the back of it... clasp?(google
biggrin.gif
)...I suck at this watch terminology

hhhmm how come is it not on Seiko's website? I am trying to find the thickness of the actual watch.

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #1,643 of 14,288
hi,

i have a little problem. i got a vintage movado wind-up. the crown is so small i can only use my nails but then i broke my nail! any idea what i could use to grasp the crown without trashing it?

thanks,
music_man

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #1,644 of 14,288
Music_Man
You can wear a pair of tight fitting latex gloves (the kind proctologists use) and just roll the inside of your thumb along the crown.

This is how I turn small shoulder bolts at work in really tight spaces.

Mr. Slacker...I'll snap you a pic of the clasp and band and post it, soon.

Here's the deal with free shipping and no tax:

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Arctura-...9830615&sr=8-6

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #1,645 of 14,288
Yeah i saw the listing on Amazing. However, I am afraid it'll be a bit big for my arm. Can you measure how thick it is?

Sep 15, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #1,646 of 14,288
The band is average thickness vulcanized rubber (certainly thinner than a metal bracelet) and the watch body is as thin as any watch. That's why I wear it for work. I don't slam it against everything like my Bell & Ross Space 3, which is a tuna can on a wrist.

Bell_Ross_Thickness.jpg

Sep 15, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #1,648 of 14,288
i am now taken aback by these metal bands that do not have screws. which has prompted me to want to put a rubber band on a seamaster.

is that a foolish move? i was of the understanding that the metal band is more desireable, regardless of how it is put together.

thanks,
music_man

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #1,649 of 14,288
The rule of thumb is to buy any watch, particularly high end watches, first with the metal bracelet, as it's usually extremely expensive to get the bracelet later versus just a strap (~$4-500 easily for a bracelet). Not to mention with straps, you have a much larger aftermarket to go to versus bracelets which may not fit nearly as well to the watch as the stock bracelet. And there's really nothing wrong with push pins, they hold links together very well. You generally will only see screws in bracelets on very upscale brands, Rolex comes to mind, Grand Seikos also use screws for their bracelets.

Sep 15, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #1,650 of 14,288
i thought omega and zenith were fairly upscale brands?

they both use push pins. at least they are not the split pins on $200 watches. i guess i'll just keep the metal bracelet on the omega. i really like it's bracelet anyways. regardless of what holds it together. it has never come apart so i guess that is all that matters. it just bugs me that a ebel that was less money has screws. just nitpicking i guess.

music_man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back