Warwick Acoustics announce The APERIO - To be launched at Munich-High End
Apr 2, 2019 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Orazio Pollaci

Member of the Trade: Warwick Acoustics
Aperio_PR-Post-Page.2880x786.v2.jpg

Warwick Acoustics announces a new flagship reference headphone

We are pleased to announce the upcoming launch of the APERIO – our new flagship integrated headphone system which will be officially unveiled at the Munich High-End show 9th – 12th May 2019.

The name APERIO – from the Latin, meaning to uncover, open, reveal – is a literal match for Warwick’s design goal: to reproduce and reveal all recorded audio content definitively, without alteration.

The APERIO has been designed with the most demanding professional audio creators and audiophiles in mind. It is a reference studio monitor headphone system for High-Resolution Audio production, mastering, mixing and recording applications. With an integrated ultra-high performance DAC and network streamer, it also sits comfortably at the centre of ultra-high end audiophile systems.

This new reference headphone system will deliver the highest level of audio performance achievable by utilising the highly-refined, next generation of Warwick’s proprietary electrostatic transducers, the Balanced Drive High Precision Electrostatic Laminate (BD-HPEL). This technology was originally developed by Warwick Acoustics for its first product, the ground-breaking and multi-award-winning SonomaTM Model One headphone system.

The APERIO represents the pinnacle of our ‘complete system design’ approach by eliminating compromise for every element of the system and employing extraordinary attention to detail. It is an experience that we believe our customers will find truly remarkable.

OFFICIAL LAUNCH

The official launch event for the APERIO will take place at the Munich High-End Show between 9th– 12th May 2019. You can visit Warwick Acoustics’ and experience the APERIO in the flesh for the first time at our booth, C11, Hall 1.

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 39
@Orazio Pollaci

Can you guys stop making permanent integrated systems.

I want to just buy the headphone and use a Stax plug and pair it to other amps! Like comon. Your other system was weak because of the amp!

Apr 2, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 39
No doubt this will sound remarkably good, just by looking at it. The connections are plenty except streaming. Similar to Element X this will be controlled via an application Android and IOS right?
Anyway looks beautiful. Will it challenge Stax 009S with high end amplifiers? We shall find out next month.

Apr 2, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 39
good let the manufacturer enjoy selling max 1k units for that price, when will those sky high prices just come down to meet us the regular folks

Apr 2, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #9 of 39
With the SR009 going for $2000 used these days, it’s a tough sell for for a system costing this much though. Still, I welcome it and I hope the sound justify the asking price.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #10 of 39
With the SR009 going for $2000 used these days, it’s a tough sell for for a system costing this much though. Still, I welcome it and I hope the sound justify the asking price.
Absolutely right, New Stax Omega Earspeaker is coming out soon as well, so everyone is going to get that instead.

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #12 of 39
Absolutely right, New Stax Omega Earspeaker is coming out soon as well, so everyone is going to get that instead.
What Stax Omega? Do tell...

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #13 of 39
That is a rumor
What Stax Omega? Do tell...
Don’t hold your breathes
From Darko.audio webpage:

This flagship electrostatic headphone system comes with a flagship price. Warwick Acoustics’ PR contact says “It will be around the £20K / US$24K mark but the final price is to be confirmed at Munich High-End.”

That's too much!

Apparently, many people is listening by pocket depth and not much by ears or as a hobby

The same as people who purchased a Lamborghini or Ferrari. They just want to show their “passion + Pocket depth”, and that means they don’t have to know how to race and take a corner or exiting the corner either

The new market into headphones will be even further expand and climb up into much more expensive brackets, and I am not quite sure when it would reach it equilibrium either. It is so easy to show a room filled with 5 sets of headphones with each attached to it own systems and totaled upto millions dollars, rather than speakers set up......what I am trying to say is that, if we are going by this theory, headphones and portable systems are easier to collect, trade, and show off to friends or relatives than any hundreds lbs speakers

So....we all have to expect a system that would exceed $250,000 or more.

Starting out and brought to you by Sennheiser and Orpheus :wink:.....the same thing as high-end DAP, and thanks to A&K

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #14 of 39
That is a rumor

Don’t hold your breathes

Apparently, many people is listening by pocket depth and not much by ears or as a hobby

The same as people who purchased a Lamborghini or Ferrari. They just want to show their “passion + Pocket depth”, and that means they don’t have to know how to race and take a corner or exiting the corner either

The new market into headphones will be even further expand and climb up into much more expensive brackets, and I am not quite sure when it would reach it equilibrium either. It is so easy to show a room filled with 5 sets of headphones with each attached to it own systems and totaled upto millions dollars, rather than speakers set up......what I am trying to say is that, if we are going by this theory, headphones and portable systems are easier to collect, trade, and show off to friends or relatives than any hundreds lbs speakers

So....we all have to expect a system that would exceed $250,000 or more.

Starting out and brought to you by Sennheiser and Orpheus :wink:.....the same thing as high-end DAP, and thanks to A&K
Very true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back