Warmest, mid-centric DAP?
Sep 22, 2009 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

goober-george

1000+ Head-Fier
Could anyone tell me the warmest, mid-centric DAPs? I ask cause I really like my RE-0s, but if they were a tad warmer, with a slight push and added lushness to the midrange it would put it over the top, and I think I'd have audio bliss on the move. I think I remember reading the Creative Zen Micro was a warm DAP.

My 30gb Zune was pretty warm, but I'd like something different, and thinner then that, I'd be ok with having only 8gb of space as well.

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 9
Samsung P2, P3 and Philips Muse GoGear with full sound on..........

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #3 of 9
I think right now, Sony is the king of warm, mid-forward sound. Most Sony mp3 players are on the warm, forward side, this is the opposite of what Sony often did for MD/CD. I'd venture to suggest they're warmer than Creative, albeit just a little bit.

Sony means you'd have a sizable lineup of smaller players to choose from, whether it's the new 2009 models (E340, S540) or earlier (S630?).

I spent a lot of years with this Sony sound and I've had to get away for a while, at one point I almost felt stifled, I'm yearning for the famed iceberg combo of RE0+cowon right now... funny how perspectives change
biggrin.gif
And Samsung is relatively colder imo... iriver would be warmer than samsung, the irivers i've heard are a bit like creative.

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #9 of 9
Another one for Sony X series - if that player doesn't sound warm, particularly with some of the EQ, check your wrist for a pulse.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back