Wanting GOOD Over-Ear Headphones
Feb 16, 2015 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kenny Ingram

Head-Fier
So a few years back I bought the Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs over-ear headphones. It's only now that I'm realizing how bad they really are. Honestly, it sounds like I'm listening to music six miles away. I'm not an audiophile by any means, but these just are not doing it for me. 

I'm wondering if maybe MEElectronics's over-ear offerings (the Venture maybe?) would be good for me (considering I'm a complete fanboy and seem to love their sound signatures)... Can anyone give me some recommendations or comparisons on what you've tried? I was also interested in the Sony MDR-7506s, but not sure they'll give me what I want either. 

Thanks!

PS - budget isn't a huge consideration. I don't mind paying more for quality products. However (for reference), MEElectronics have never done me wrong, and their stuff is all under $100...

Feb 16, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #3 of 6
Just see reviews on what hifi. Please be more specific. Also your budget is not limited,and you want good. So good plus Unlimited budget equals Beyerdynamic T1.
If you settle for wallmart quality, lessen than 100 bugs, then you ask for the best cheapy phones.
So in that range a second hand AKG y50 is very good. Also see what hifi.

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 6
Just see reviews on Head-Fi. Please be more specific. Also your budget is not limited,and you want good. So good plus Unlimited budget equals Beyerdynamic T1.
If you settle for wallmart quality, lessen than 100 bugs, then you ask for the best cheapy phones.
So in that range a second hand AKG y50 is very good. Also see what hifi. 

FTFY.

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 6
What sound signature are you looking for? And what's your limit budget wise?
Thought it was pretty clear on this in the original post, but I guess it's my fault if I wasn't. Basically I want somewhere in between a bass intensive phone and flat sounding sound signature. I like the way all of my MEElectronics products sound, to give you an idea. I'm a musician, but I do so little mixing on these studiophones that it doesn't really matter if it's exactly flat or not.

No I don't want to have to take a second mortgage out on my house to get good sounding headphones. Again, I'm not an audiophile, so I don't need the best stuff available. I really just want to step up from what I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back