wanted: closed headphone or iem as close to hd650 as possible
Feb 28, 2020 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, i know a similar thread(s) exist but it is now 2020 and i wondered if anyone could help with this, i already have the oppo pm3 and meze 99 classics (small earpads) but after comparing these with the hd650, they are very listenable but nowhere close to the hd650 sound. I also have etymotic 2xr and fiio fa7 which again sound good but....

To be fair i listen to the hd650 through a hybrid amplifier (highly modified x-cans3) - is it possible to get close this sound with portable equipment (fiio x7/ibasso dx120 with or without mojo). I am happy to consider a new dap or headphone amp/dac as well if necessary.

thank you

d

Apr 17, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #4 of 12
Here is a comparison of someone who's owned both the Teak's and the 650's and drew comparisons:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/73krmq/subjective_review_of_the_emu_teak_by_comparison/

Now keep in mind, the Teaks leak quite a bit and isolation is nowhere near the level of a DT770 or HD25.
If you want a portable HD650 with the Sennheiser sound, go for the HD25 Aluminium. They do have a massive bass
because they are supposedly used in loud environments, but their detail and imaging is the best for an on ear. The HD25 aluminium go for around 200 euro on the second hand market but are worth it, they are more resolving than their plastic sister. If isolation is no problem you can not go wrong with the E-MU Teak, I just got them and can vouch for how good they are as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back