Wadia itransport
Apr 20, 2010 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bear7

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to get my Wadia of off ac current and run it of off batteries. My Wadia is rated at 12v. I'm just wondering about connecting two 6 volt batteries in parallel? Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed. I'm just wondering if I will even be able to hear a difference?

Thanks
David
Roll Tide
icon10.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 4
The batteries should be in series if you need 12V.
You may be better off with a single 12V battery: it will be much less complicated.
If the input is AC supplying a DC source to it may not be so hot. It really depends what happens in the unit its self.

As the last thing:
Nobody but apple really knows how the Wadia Itransport works. A good guess is that it takes the digital stream out of the ipod directly. One of the draws to working in the digital domain is that power supply noise becomes easier to deal with. in other words, a very quiet power supply is not generally necessary when working with a digital signal.

If you are using the analog outputs of the Wadia thingy this may be a different story.

May 3, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you, your right, in series. I did come up with a 12v battery though. What about if I just unplugged my ups and run it off that battery and plugged it back in when needing a recharging? Would that cause any problems with my Wadia or my dac.

Thanks
David

May 3, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 4
Unless you paid some very good money for your UPS, on battery the signal will not be very clean. Most cheap (i.e. personal) UPS'es output a stepped approximation of a sine wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back