W3 VERSUS W30 - - EXCITING NEWS!
Aug 6, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #241 of 246
ordered set of new large silicone tips for w30...was using westone foam tips but feel they are less suitable for EDM & rock.
anyone else experiment with different tips?

Aug 7, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #243 of 246
I've had great results with the Shure olives. Other than that, the Westone stock silicone tips are the best match for the W30 IMO. I hated the Westone foams.

I was about to reply the same. Unless if you don't have the original set of Westone iems, every pair (from a budget to a flagship) comes with a complete set of their silicone and equivalent size foam eartips. At that point, it's just a matter of trying different ones, tip-rolling until you find what fits you better, what gives you the best comfort and isolation, and which seal do you like the best (to control/balance the bass).

And if you are using the largest eartips, they could stick out a bit too far, and that's where shure silicone olives come to the rescue :) I use them on all my universal westone iems.

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #244 of 246
You're helpful as usual Twister. Will check those out. Thanks.

EQ works for some of my sources but not others. I only want to bump 32Hz but with my Fiio X1 the lowest band on the Eq is 60Hz so the bass becomes a tad too boomy. My HTC 10 doesn't even have an EQ per se, just that BoomSound mess so when I stream music I'm stuck. Shame they didn't put a decent EQ on such an amazing-sounding phone with a dedicated DAC chip.
Hey, I know this is an old thread, but did you get a chance to try the Oriveti New Primacy? How is it compared with the W30. I can get both of them for $300, so currently deciding on which one I should get my hands on. Anybody here has any idea or comments on these two? Thanks!

Cheers,
J

Apr 4, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #245 of 246
Hey, I know this is an old thread, but did you get a chance to try the Oriveti New Primacy? How is it compared with the W30. I can get both of them for $300, so currently deciding on which one I should get my hands on. Anybody here has any idea or comments on these two? Thanks!

Cheers,
J
No worries. I actually went for the iBasso IT03 instead of the Primacy and had them for some time. Now I use Fiio FH5 and love them. From what I've read both are better than the Oriveti but fit (FH5) and comfort (IT03) are a little problematic for some people.

Edit: Another IEM I still have is the Fiio F9pro. Out of the 3 I've listed it probably has the closest signature to the W30 but subbass quantity is higher and the highs can get a little fatiguing. But overall I prefer the signatures of any of these here to the W30.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #246 of 246
No worries. I actually went for the iBasso IT03 instead of the Primacy and had them for some time. Now I use Fiio FH5 and love them. From what I've read both are better than the Oriveti but fit (FH5) and comfort (IT03) are a little problematic for some people.

Edit: Another IEM I still have is the Fiio F9pro. Out of the 3 I've listed it probably has the closest signature to the W30 but subbass quantity is higher and the highs can get a little fatiguing. But overall I prefer the signatures of any of these here to the W30.

How would you describe the fit of the Ibasso IT03 compared to the westone W30? The shell on the IT03 looks quite a bit bigger. I'm worried it will make contact with my ear and make long listening sessions impossible. Also do you find a lot more mid bass on the W30 over the IT03?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back